Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Fuqua
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I noticed no one has tried to play this game in the forum here. It actually is do able. I'm playing with a group of 5 players right now and we're on round 4. The first round took two days because there wasn't a lot on the board and I hadn't figured out a good way to do it yet. Now we play a round per day. The person with app unfortunately may have to see what the results are for all the nearby interactive like Search so the players don't need to wait for you to reapond until taking a second action. It's taken some trial and error but what I do now is post a video showing what happen, have a flat full current map, and each interaction that can be picked that round can be done by the player opening the corresponding spoiler. If a roll is required then within the spoiler are linked numbers representing the possible number of success. 0,1,2,3+ When the number is clicked it shows an image of the result. Explores slow things down though unless you want to include an image and info of the new area in the spoiler section. The dice are rolled in the posts and I customized the pluggin a bit to actually show blank, magnifying glass, or elder sign based on the result. With attacks I post two possible for each type, the info is in the spoiler, they are chosen by the players randomly, and the second is used if a second attack of that type done by the player. Instead of two options you may need 3 or 4. This is just a way for players to get info quickly and make choices. I'm still figuring out how I want to handle faceup horror and damage but I have a few ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I imagine there isn't a lot of play by post for this game because unlike most games, if you can't get a group together, you can play this game solo, and the solo game would play a lot faster than the play by post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
That doesn't stop Eldritch Horror.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/146021/eldritch-horror/f...

Perhaps the map or the replayability of the scenarios is more of a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fuqua
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I definitely suggest playing a scenario solo or with friends with the physical product before being the person who relays the same scenario in a forum. I'm playing the Dearly Departed scenario now and I got a few spoilers with how I'm putting info in the forum. If you don't mind having an action per player per day then you don't have to have any spoilers though. I prefer the round per day just so we can get through it faster. Also everyone I'm playing with are local friends and we can meet up for a while to play where we left off in-person then switch back to forum if we need to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.