7 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Humans: seek and destroy & watchtower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi. After 1st game without Humans i have 2 questions.
We had the situation That in a small fight between Pilgrims and machine we ran out of targets at attritions. Human had 3 shoots and pilgrim one with a total of 2 machines and 1 pilgrim. Who kills 1 st and gets points?

2nd question: can watchtower units be killed or captured? I guess kill yes but captured no.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, sent from mobile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Sorry, I can't follow this question. Exactly who is involved in the battle here?

2. Tokens cannot be affected in battle, but are removed after the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jocom wrote:
We had the situation That in a small fight between Pilgrims and machine we ran out of targets at attritions. Human had 3 shoots and pilgrim one with a total of 2 machines and 1 pilgrim. Who kills 1 st and gets points?

2nd question: can watchtower units be killed or captured? I guess kill yes but captured no.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, sent from mobile

First question. Tokens act last. So the winner of the attrition objective out of the Pilgrims and Machines would complete their attrition kills first, then if there are any valid targets left, the Human's tokens would get to make their kills.

Second question. No, tokens cannot be captured or killed, they are not miniatures. But they are removed from the board at the end of battle, returned to the controlling player's reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you. All questions answered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Becker
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
jmathias wrote:
jocom wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, sent from mobile

First question. Tokens act last. So the winner of the attrition objective out of the Pilgrims and Machines would complete their attrition kills first, then if there are any valid targets left, the Human's tokens would get to make their kills.

Second question. No, tokens cannot be captured or killed, they are not miniatures. But they are removed from the board at the end of battle, returned to the controlling player's reserve.

I don't think this is correct. Attrition occurs simultaneously... so no matter who wins attrition, you get to kill as many units as you have placed there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BeckeRetriever wrote:
jmathias wrote:
jocom wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, sent from mobile

I don't think this is correct. Attrition occurs simultaneously... so no matter who wins attrition, you get to kill as many units as you have placed there.

No, he is correct. If it's just two combatants, attrition is simultaneous. This is the case in 99% of combat.

HOWEVER, when a third party is involved (aka Seek and Destroy), the Human resolves last if they are a third party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BeckeRetriever wrote:
jmathias wrote:
jocom wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, sent from mobile

Also, there is no concept of "winning" attrition. The other objectives, yes. Attrition is distinct. You do not win it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.