J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I'm following fully, but yes -- completing that investment allows you to place an influence in Boomtown and earn the end game points for that spot as normal.

Hope that helps -- if that doesn't fully answer your question let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lovely game you made Alex!

The investment card states add 1 influence to boomtown; so witihout taking that action but getting the points printed on the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlliantieAJ wrote:
Lovely game you made Alex!

The investment card states add 1 influence to boomtown; so witihout taking that action but getting the points printed on the tile.

Put one of your circular pieces on an unoccupied space on boomtown (or there's another investment card which states to place it on an occupied space - the card/rulebook will specify)

Then at game end, score the points as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Overread something, so it is actually very simple and clear

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Revell
United Kingdom
Norwich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible when buying a card that allows you to place a disk in boomtown as a bonus to also do a separate boomtown action if you have the metals?? I know this would usually break the rule of Only placing one disk in boomtown per turn, but wasent sure if it was ok as the card provided a bonus..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NateRunner wrote:
Is it possible when buying a card that allows you to place a disk in boomtown as a bonus to also do a separate boomtown action if you have the metals?? I know this would usually break the rule of Only placing one disk in boomtown per turn, but wasent sure if it was ok as the card provided a bonus..

That's fine. It doesn't break the rules.

You did an investment card whose action allowed you to place to boomtown.

You may still place a disc directly to boomtown on your turn as well (as long as you have the metals per the usual rules regarding boomtown)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
NateRunner wrote:

That's fine. It doesn't break the rules.

You did an investment card whose action allowed you to place to boomtown.

You may still place a disc directly to boomtown on your turn as well (as long as you have the metals per the usual rules regarding boomtown)

Yes, this is correct. You may only "pay" to influence Boomtown once per turn, and any bonus placement you get from an investment doesn't count towards this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.