Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I decided to trade in the paper player board for a textured "mouse pad" version. This cost me about $25 after discount. Yeah, it was a little high for such a simple upgrade, but I think I'll be playing this one a bunch and these player boards are a mess.

I altered the layout slightly for more clarity. I'm not a graphics design guy so it might not be for everyone, but it makes more sense to me. I'm happy with the results so far.

Comparison

Comparison w/ cubes

Shake test

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, where did you get these printed? The print quality is quite bright!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Awesome, where did you get these printed? The print quality is quite bright!

Vistaprint. I've heard mixed reviews on thier print quality so YMMV. But they turned out alright for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LordCyler wrote:
I altered the layout slightly for more clarity.

I really dig your layout! Readability of the numbers seems better on the originals vs your white-on-black tho. Then again, surely not a big problem in practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an excellent idea, I may even have to copy that.

I also really like using a "+10" space instead of just another cube starting at 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snapshot wrote:
LordCyler wrote:
I altered the layout slightly for more clarity.

I really dig your layout! Readability of the numbers seems better on the originals vs your white-on-black tho. Then again, surely not a big problem in practice.

Yeah, it could have gone either way. I went with a dark blue background and white text as I heard the ink on the mouse pads can wear out. This way I hope the numbers stay readable longer, but it probably wouldn't have been a real issue either way. Personal choice.

My first design had different color backgrounds which matched the resource, but in the end it wasn't as clean and I went with the more readable option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Lazov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you please post the images you used for the print?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Link to the picture I used below.It is a modified version of a picture already posted to BGG.

For my mouse pad I used Vistaprint and in their editor I decided to increase the size of the picture slightly. I ignored the "safety line" and provided a second picture below to show what my final preview looked like.

If you decide to abide by the safety line, just know that you will have more empty space on the mouse pad and the picture will be slightly smaller than my original post.

Picture used:

Final preview:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SALE33 promo today for Vistaprint. I haven't even received this game yet but am about to plunk down some $$$ for these player mats. Trying to decide between 2 (which is how many people I usually play with) or 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There is a 1 per account promo on Vistaprint if you've never used it: PROCUREMENT50

This will get you half off, so get 4 for the price of 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.