$20.00
$5.00
Anders Olin
Finland
Vasa
flag msg tools
Justice for the 96!
mbmbmbmbmb
03.01 we had our first child, a wonderful daughter. So even if I didn't stop playing/ buying games not many arrived first half a year.
Last week I took some time off work to be home with my daughter and suddenly games started to arrive:
1. Scythe
2. Terraforming Mars
3. Tiny Epic western*
* will probably arrive soon*
4. Conan (had forgotten about this )
5. Martians : a story of civilization
* by then I tried to explain that all of these games were ordered looong ago. Wife was not totally impressed. I am also pondering if I should extend my leave in hope that it might speed up some future kickstarters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, how the heck did you get Martians already? Redimp's Thursday update stated they are still waiting for the shipment to arrive from the printer, and that's just for the copies they are bringing to Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo llyboat
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
congratulations on having a baby! pretty soon she'll be a toddler, and you'll be buying board games for her!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Olin
Finland
Vasa
flag msg tools
Justice for the 96!
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:
Wait, how the heck did you get Martians already? Redimp's Thursday update stated they are still waiting for the shipment to arrive from the printer, and that's just for the copies they are bringing to Essen.

The stars indicated (or was meant to do that) that the last two will arrive shortly, sorry if I wasn't clear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
victoryzine wrote:
texascpa wrote:

The stars indicated (or was meant to do that) that the last two will arrive shortly, sorry if I wasn't clear!

whew, I was worried Redimp was going to have some explainin' to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how many people clicked on this thread expecting a picture of a newborn dressed as a meeple?

Congrats on the new little gamer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool username wrote:
So how many people clicked on this thread expecting a picture of a newborn dressed as a meeple

As the father of a 10 week old, I was expecting a pic of Twilight Struggle covered in puke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald fraigun
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When my son was 3 he decided to take a bath with a nice set of Adv Civ, Titan, and Outpost. Oh that was an expensive day. He's 15 now and we've replaced them all but it sure was a learning lesson. I hope your games fare better then ours did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nello Cozzolino
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Brascogames London U.K. www.brascogames.webs.com
mbmbmbmbmb
for Christmas:
Alpen Express

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xeonrf wrote:
When my son was 3 he decided to take a bath with a nice set of Adv Civ, Titan, and Outpost. Oh that was an expensive day. He's 15 now and we've replaced them all but it sure was a learning lesson. I hope your games fare better then ours did.

You've replaced them all? I hope he's doing OK, now. Do you keep in touch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald fraigun
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nomoredroids wrote:
xeonrf wrote:

You've replaced them all? I hope he's doing OK, now. Do you keep in touch?

Hehe yeah we've replaced them all (this was before the outpost reprint), couldn't be too upset with as we left the games where he could get to them. Now its not a problem, not only does he not destroy games but he plays them and takes care of them properly now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool username wrote:
So how many people clicked on this thread expecting a picture of a newborn dressed as a meeple?

I expected she kicked his ass in Agricola or something, since he didn't mention the daughter's age in the title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Olin
Finland
Vasa
flag msg tools
Justice for the 96!
mbmbmbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
cool username wrote:

I expected she kicked his ass in Agricola or something, since he didn't mention the daughter's age in the title

Well she almost ate Fidel Castro in my last game of Twilight Struggle (not against her, mind you) laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nello Cozzolino
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Brascogames London U.K. www.brascogames.webs.com
mbmbmbmbmb
nello wrote:
for Christmas:
Alpen Express

------
the English pound is sinkingS ..right now very convenient

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So I decided to read your post and I don't quite get the point of it.
Are you saying that you're disappointed you have two months "off" but no time to play these games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melen
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you've already warned her that the other games are coming, which will defuse the issue a little.

The next thing to do is to make sure that some packages arrive containing gifts for her, and some more arrive that contain gifts for the baby! Perhaps include both practical and frivolous gifts for your wife, since I suspect she considers the games to be frivolous.

Congratulations to both of you on the birth of your daughter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratz!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.