Subject: Ashcan Pete, Wendy Adams and spell die rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Potkaniak
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mb
Hello gamers!

Just played my first game of Elder Signs, which I have received for tomorrow's birthday enjoyed it a lot with my gf, even though it took quite some time as we had to go over rules in many situations. I am already looking through posts here and FAQ in files tab, but I have 3 questions which I can't wait to find answer for.

1.) Pete's ability - everytime I get 1 of listed item types, I can choose to receive XY type item instead. Does this work only if I receive exactly one item? Or does it work in other cases too, for example there is adventure, I successfully complete it and reward is 2 unique items 1 spell. Can I instead choose to receive 3 clues or 3 commons for example?

2.) Wendy Adams - immune to terror effects. Does that make her immune only to effects that target her, or to ALL effects she encounters on her adventure, for example those that add doom tokens or affect game in some way but don't specifically target her with something like lose 1 sanity.

3.) When I have spell and I have used it to secure die and next turn is midnight and we get "No spells can be cast" can I use die from this card? As I understand, I cast spell to secure die when I roll them and in the future I am using only die, spell was already cast in the past. But I am not sure, probably just overthinking it

Thanks all for help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday! Or day after your birthday, not sure what day it is right now... Anyway your questions...

1.) I've always taken this to mean that if Pete receives items he can trade them for other item types. So yes, if you get 2 unique items and a spell, then you could instead take 3 clues.

2.) Her ability is for terror effects on encounter cards. If she's attempting an adventure (not assisting, so this would be on her turn) that has a terror effect, let's say "Terror add a doom token to the track". Then that terror effect never happens, regardless of how many dice come up terror.
Basically when she's attempting adventures, you just ignore the terror effects entirely.

3.) Yes you can use that secured die. The spell is already cast as you surmised, so the die is entirely available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're enjoying the game! It's one of my favorites right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.