Fire in the Lake» Forums » Rules

Subject: AVRN Bot Train 8.7.2 question - only spaces with bases and cities? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Myles Carey

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
Want to get this right and not sure if I am.

Where does AVRN Bot train?

8.7.2 - first bullet, first statement say "First, place...into Provinces with US or AVRN base or into Cities."

Then it say "Select spaces first to add COIN Control, then add either Police or ARVN Troops where there are none yet, finally randomly."

So is the space selection limiting training in provinces with bases and cities? And within that set of spaces the priority is:

1) add COIN Control
2) Police where Police present and AVRN where AVRN not present
3) randomly

IOW - AVRN Bot doesn't train in provinces if they lack US/AVRN base?

Thanks,
Myles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is important to remember that the bots always have to follow the same limitations as a player.

"3.21 Train: ... ARVN may select any Provinces or Cities without NVA control"

The list you presented above is only "priorities" not limitations.

So when executing the first bullet point it would not train in a province without a US/ARVN base.

However, in the case of the 3rd bullet point in 8.7.2. it would train in 1 province in South Vietnam with 5 total US and ARVN pieces but no base (as long as no NVA control).

Also if you reach the 4th bullet of 8.7.2. with potential training spaces left it is possible for it to select a province with no US/ARVN base sometimes (but only in spaces without NVA control).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Carey

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
Thank you!

I think i get it - train up to 3 spaces - firstly per the first bullet in provinces with US/AVRN bases or Cities [& no NVA Control].

Then if still spaces to train, bullets 3 and 4 might yield training spaces.

- Myles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seanmyles wrote:
Thank you!

I think i get it - train up to 3 spaces - firstly per the first bullet in provinces with US/AVRN bases or Cities [& no NVA Control].

Then if still spaces to train, bullets 3 and 4 might yield training spaces.

- Myles

Exactly! You got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.