5 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Akachi and Fractured Reality Rumor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lukas Hejtman
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
If Akachi resolve Other World encounter as effect of Fractured Reality Rumor card and she "close gate" can she use her passive ability "When you close a Gate during an Other World Encounter, you may move to any
space containing a Clue or a Gate."?

I think that this is not possible, beacuse rumor card states "As an encounter an investigator on space 2 may use an ancient portal created by a long-dead wizard of Mu; he resolves an Other World Encounter If the effect allow him to "close this Gate" solve this RUMOR instead" So she is not really closing gate.
Can some confirm it? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you're right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The general principle is to take the game at face value: if it says X happens if Y happens then you should play it so that if Y happens, so does X. If Y doesn't happen, X doesn't either. It really is that straightforward (despite the huge number of threads that seem to indicate that it is otherwise).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Hejtman
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Thank you.
Nikki Valens from FFG confimed it to me too-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Froggery wrote:
Thank you.
Nikki Valens from FFG confimed it to me too-
So why ask here - if you didn't trust the answers you get here? Sure, if there's a lot of debate here, it's certainly worth asking FFG for clarification, but this is such a straightforward question that this forum can be relied upon to give the right answer (there are even some play-testers and beta-testers of Eldritch Horror who frequent this forum and who could predict Nikki's answer in this instance).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.