Subject: 6-8 players?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
How do you play this with more than 5? It only has 5 colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't play as a camel color. You play as an individual betting on the outcome of the camel race. There are 8 people to choose from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I haven't had much luck playing this game with more than 5 players.
Too large of groups, and the people can't stay focused on the game.. this results in all people wanting to do is roll the pyramid, which means less time for bets and strategy.. and then there's at least one dude who doesn't have the patience to focus and enjoy the games we play, so the large group makes him even more impatient.

It's been a mess.

I love this game. I'd say if you can get a great group of people together, having 5 or 6 or even more is alright, but I would probably warn, don't bust this out during a party or with kids, and expect anyone to seriously play the game.

Or maybe my friends are just impatient, unfocused, and can't entertain themselves by trying to inject some character into their role in the game.

I need a new gaming group. My friends are idiots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
Polioliolio wrote:
Too large of groups, and the people can't stay focused on the game.. this results in all people wanting to do is roll the pyramid, which means less time for bets and strategy.. and then there's at least one dude who doesn't have the patience to focus and enjoy the games we play, so the large group makes him even more impatient.

It's been a mess.

I love this game. I'd say if you can get a great group of people together, having 5 or 6 or even more is alright, but I would probably warn, don't bust this out during a party or with kids, and expect anyone to seriously play the game.

Or maybe my friends are just impatient, unfocused, and can't entertain themselves by trying to inject some character into their role in the game.

The expansion is designed for larger groups. I'd say only play with more than 5 players if you have the expansion. It adds more actions to the game that you can choose to add to a game, and also a longer track that you can use for large groups if you want. For higher player counts, I highly recommend it as it does fix the problems people have had. On the other hand, this game is just cute silly fun. It really isnt meant to be played optimally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Polioliolio wrote:

It's been a mess.

This sounds like an issue of environment (party instead of game night) instead of player count.

Edit : typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I think it's my group. We weren't having a party. We get together to play board games every couple weeks, but they are always drinking, and I think they can't stay focused very long, so the only games that work are Werewolf, Resistance, Spyfall..

We actually were playing with the expansions, but everyone was still going for rolling the dice.

I just can't imagine getting 8 people together that can stay focused enough to play most board games.

Yeah, I think the game is fine.. I guess I'm just expressing my personal experience. It's been hard to enjoy games like this with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Polioliolio wrote:

I play this game in a group of 8 people. It works very well for us. I think you're right about your friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.