Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Gustafson
Canada
Mississauga
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told on Facebook a week ago, very abruptly, that it was still on schedule for February. I know it was delayed from a October/November release.

I pretty much get the impression this group is not very good with Kickstarter and social media communication, but are much better with game design and being perfectionists with game development. However, they are with Panda so that is something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest Update from KS page
Upadate #19 wrote:
Election Day is upon us

Good Morning, here it is almost election day. I know that many of you have been asking about what is going on with the project. I had wanted to get you the full art print and play before election day. Unfortunately, we ran into delays in that effort.

This is not our full time job. Both Nathan and myself are doing this in our free time, and September and October found us both looking at almost no free time to work on the game. I have had to travel for my real job and was only home 8 days out of a 6 week timespan. Nathan saw increased overtime and weekend work. We don't want this to come off as complaining and making excuses, but the fact is that we just didn't have the time.

I am sorry for not being as communicative about this issue as I should have. I am still learning this Kickstarter process.

What I can say is this. The project is in no danger of not fulfilling. We have not spent the money on anything. We are not using it for our personal expenses like you hear of so many projects. We have a solid budget in place for the project and have stuck to that. Now that my work schedule has calmed down a bit and I am back to working normal hours and am at home I will be able to put more time into the game. I have the draft rules from our copy editor that I have just not had the time to review. I will be starting with that this weekend.

I will also commit to doing a better job of giving you regular updates so you know what is going on. I will be sending out a weekly update so that you know what we have done on the project in the week and can hold us accountable.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we work through learning how to do this gamemaking thing.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update 23 wrote:

I have a timeline that I have worked out that I believe is a realistic approach to getting this project done. I know a number of you will look at this timeline and say "These are things that should have been decided/finished before the Kickstarter was run". I can't really argue with that. All I can say is that we failed to anticipate some of this and now having talked to and gotten advice from those in the industry I have a better handle on what needs to be accomplished.

So here is what we will be doing in the next few months:
The bullets below each number list the major items to be accomplished in those topics.

1. Finish Game board and Cards
Graphic design tweaks to icons
Tweak colors, textures, and other graphic design elements
Add finished art to candidate cards
Finalize card balance adjustments
This will be completed by Saturday, 28 January.

2. Finish up rulebook
Finish setup illustration, layout, and description
Finalize and thoroughly proof entire text
Create example illustrations, and finalize overall layout & flow
Write up electoral college description
This will be completed by Saturday, February 11.
This will allow us to deliver the high-res Print and Play to you at this time.

3. Create box and further print files
Layout back of box
Layout punch boards
Determine layout of box insert
Create Party Reference books
This will be completed by Saturday, March 4.

4. Printing
Proof and doublecheck all files for errors
Submit final order to Panda
Deliver files to Panda
This will be completed by Saturday, March 18.

5. Allow 6-8 weeks for printing and 4-6 more weeks for freight shipping

This puts us at starting the shipping process to you at or around June 24.

I know this is very late and is more than a year from when the Kickstarter ended. However, I do feel that this gives us a reasonable timeline that we can meet.

Thank You,

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cornelius
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Co-Founder & Owner of Cosmic Wombat Games
mbmbmbmbmb

We apologize for the lack of communication as of late! We have unfortunately had many unexpected circumstances arise during the last several months (both personally and professionally) -- however, we don't want to use that as an excuse and are resolving to improve and do better.

We just posted an update yesterday addressing many questions in great detail, which should help to alleviate any concerns.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
I cannot find this 'update' anywhere. I am subscribed to your newsletter, I am joining your Facebook group, and I ordered "Campaign Trail" in November 2016 and am awaiting the game.

I went to your website today to submit a comment asking for an update. I could not type into the fields for listing my name, email address or comment.

Could I please have an update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carroll
msg tools
I've been looking forward to this game for a long time. Enough talk. When? WHEN?????????????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckm1961 wrote:
Designers and developers,

An occasional update stating you are Very Busy is not sufficient.

We are All Very Busy.

No one on this earth is too busy to take 60 seconds every week or two to update people who have paid you money .... in the hope of receiving something in return.

Look at it from our perspective, please.

Based on the schedule they provided, I would expect a full update this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kelsheimer
United States
Syracuse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More updates....more delays....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckm1961 wrote:
Is there an update recently?

Their website shows a last update of June 11, 2016.

Over seven months ... they cannot find five minutes to type up a short posting giving us some idea of the game's progress? To people who have ALREADY PAID THEM FOR THE GAME?

Update on kickstarte mentioned a recent death in the family. Not sure how much that is putting them behind the schedule they committed to on December 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.