$30.00
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am brand new to Mage Knight, and am just getting ready to play the walkthrough mission. I also have Lost Legion on order.

I don't understand the new rules about playing cards at any time as described in the changes to base game rules in the LL rulebook. I read through the changes in the Lost Legion manual, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Why would I want to save points for later?
Why would I want to use movement or influence points in a different phase, e.g. not the movement phase, etc?

I basically don't understand most of page 9, and how it changes the gameplay from the base game. Any help trying to clarify this for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's relevant in the base game. Some enemies in LL let you spend Move to decrease their Attack; some cards let you spend points at unusual times. That kind of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking the card Agility as an example:

In the base game, the card reads:
Quote:
Move 4. During combat this turn, you may spend Move points left from Move phase as Attack points one for one, or 2 Move points for 1 point of Ranged Attack.

In Lost Legions, the amended card reads:
Quote:
Move 4. During combat this turn, you may spend any amount of Move points: 1 to get Attack 1 and/or 2 to get Ranged Attack 1.

In the base game, all move cards must be played in the move phase, and then you get to use "leftover" move points in the combat.

In Lost Legion, you cannot carry over move points from the move phase to combat. You can play Agility any time you like though. The effect would carry over to combat but the move points would not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both. Nice example, Ben. That helps a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.