12 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: 10 Questions from a Beginner with a Rule Fetish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cederic Winkler
msg tools
Hello everyone

I was wondering if I could ask someone who has somea minute to answer me the following questions that came up during our fist games of netrunner.
I would really appreciate it Thank you very much!!arrrh

Is there only one console allowed in play? Are all consoles labled as "unique" cards?

Is the root only available in central servers? How does the corporation install an upgrade in a remote server?

If a card gives damage to the runner, who picks the card to discard? If the runner's handsize gets reduced during a run, can he wait until the discard phase to discard his extra cards or does this resolve immediately?

When "Private Security Force" is scored by the corporation can it be used multiple times in one turn?

Can the top of R&D or the facedown cards in the archives be "exposed"?

Are cards beeing trashed with "Accelerated Beta Test" trashed facedown?

Can the corporation trash or reassign cards in servers? Same for runner? Can the runner trash programs/hardware/ressources at any time or only to install new ones or not even then?

If the runner uses "Wyrm" to reduce the strength of a piece of ice to 0 and "Parasite" is hosted on this ice, does the ice get trashed? Can icebreakers only be used during a run? Does "Parasite" get trashed if the ice gets trashed? If the ice would get trashed what happens the other installed ice, do they stay in place or do they move up to fill the empty spot?

If a subroutine trashes a program, who's choice is it which program is trashed?

Can I use two different icebreakers/installed cards to break subroutines on the same piece of ice? Can I use one icebreaker to reach the strength and another to break the subroutines(even if the strength would be to low for this ice)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
piotr s
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeypirate wrote:
Hello everyone

I was wondering if I could ask someone who has somea minute to answer me the following questions that came up during our fist games of netrunner.
I would really appreciate it Thank you very much!!arrrh

Is there only one console allowed in play? Are all consoles labled as "unique" cards?

yes. no.
Quote:

Is the root only available in central servers? How does the corporation install an upgrade in a remote server?

yes. it is instaled like other cards, runer don't know which card is asert/upgrade/agenda

Quote:

If a card gives damage to the runner, who picks the card to discard? If the runner's handsize gets reduced during a run, can he wait until the discard phase to discard his extra cards or does this resolve immediately?
[\q]
It is random card.
runner hand size is only checked at the end of runner turn during turn you can have any number card in hand.
[q]
[q]
When "Private Security Force" is scored by the corporation can it be used multiple times in one turn?

yes

Quote:

No
Quote:

Yes
Quote:

Can the corporation trash or reassign cards in servers? Same for runner? Can the runner trash programs/hardware/ressources at any time or only to install new ones or not even then?

can trash cards in server only when instal card in this server,can trash ice protecting server when instal ice to protect this server, runner can only trash program durinq instal new program
Quote:

If the runner uses "Wyrm" to reduce the strength of a piece of ice to 0 and "Parasite" is hosted on this ice, does the ice get trashed? Can icebreakers only be used during a run? Does "Parasite" get trashed if the ice gets trashed? If the ice would get trashed what happens the other installed ice, do they stay in place or do they move up to fill the empty spot?

yes. no(you can increase strenght of icebreaker in any moment).yes,they move to fill empty space.
Quote:

corporation
Quote:

Can I use two different icebreakers/installed cards to break subroutines on the same piece of ice? Can I use one icebreaker to reach the strength and another to break the subroutines(even if the strength would be to low for this ice)?

yes, no all icebreaker that interact with ice must have enougth strength
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeypirate wrote:

Yes. Note: unique is different from console. Only one console can ever be installed (and it's difficult to trash a console that has been installed, though possible). But for unique cards, only one copy of a unique card can be rezzed/installed at a time. Two different concepts.

Quote:
Yes. You just install it into the remote like an asset.

Quote:
The discard is random. Have runner shuffle hand and corp draw a card randomly. If handsize is reduced, you always discard down to handsize at the end of a turn.

Quote:
Of course.

Quote:
No. Only installed cards can be exposed.

Quote:
Yes. All cards trashed by the corp are facedown.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by "reassign." But yes, if you install a new asset or agenda in a remote, it trashes the previous one there. For ice it is slightly different. You can trash a piece of ice when installing a new piece of ice, but the new ice doesn't take its place, it goes as the outermost piece of ice in a server. For programs, when installing one, you may trash another one if you want, and must if the new install goes over your memory limit. You cannot install over resources or hardware with new resources or hardware.

Quote:
Yes. Icebreakers can accept their paid ability outside of a run (I think) but I've never seen a reason for you to do this. But icebreakers may only ever interact with ice during a run, and only the piece of ice currently being encountered. The timing diagrams are quite clear about this in the rulebook. And yes, if Parasite trashes an ice, Parasite also trashes. The ice "move down." Think of the ice like a stack of trays.

Quote:
It depends on what the subroutine says. If it says "Trash 1 program," it is talking to the corp. If it says, "The runner trashes 1 program," then the runner trashes.

Quote:
Yes. No. To interact with a piece of ice, the icebreaker wanting to interact must be at or greater than the ice's strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you like to learn from watching gameplay, Rahdo did a series of them shortly after the game's release in 2012(and so he is focused on cards that would be limited to the core set). He addresses some, not all, or your questions during his extended play through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZGKR2aFh7k

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cederic Winkler
msg tools
First of all I wanted to say thank you to all of you who gave me those huge pieces of advice, I've learned a lot!

Quote:
Quote:

Even if they are already rezzed(ice/asset)?

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by "reassign." But yes, if you install a new asset or agenda in a remote, it trashes the previous one there. For ice it is slightly different. You can trash a piece of ice when installing a new piece of ice, but the new ice doesn't take its place, it goes as the outermost piece of ice in a server. For programs, when installing one, you may trash another one if you want, and must if the new install goes over your memory limit. You cannot install over resources or hardware with new resources or hardware.

By reassign i meant to move an agenda/upgrade/asset from one remote server to another, one that's maybe better protected.

I hope I got this right(I know there can be exceptions, if a card says otherwise):

- No cards can simply be trashed and not beeing replaced.
- Programs/assets/agendas/ice can only be "replaced".
- Hardware/Ressources/Upgrades can't be trashed nor "replaced"(hence the console problem xD).

Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeypirate wrote:
First of all I wanted to say thank you to all of you who gave me those huge pieces of advice, I've learned a lot!

Quote:
Quote:

No, they are trashed face-up. In general: corp cards that are face-up are trashed face-up, cards that are face-down are trashed face-down. Also, if runners trash cards when accessing servers, those cards are trashed face-up.

Monkeypirate wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

By reassign i meant to move an agenda/upgrade/asset from one remote server to another, one that's maybe better protected.

I hope I got this right(I know there can be exceptions, if a card says otherwise):

- No cards can simply be trashed and not beeing replaced.

Some cards have a trash icon and/or trash ability. Those can be trashed if the condition on the card is met.

Monkeypirate wrote:
- Hardware/Ressources/Upgrades can't be trashed nor "replaced"(hence the console problem xD).Thank you so much!

Upgrades can also be "replaced". If the corp installs a card in a server, that card can replace any card that was previously installed in that server.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've missed one question.

Quote:

Will I become addicted to this game for the rest of my life?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeypirate wrote:
- Hardware/Ressources/Upgrades can't be trashed nor "replaced"(hence the console problem xD).

Regarding resources: if you install a unique resource with one already being present, the old one is trashed. For example, if you have a Temüjin Contract installed, and you install a new one, you trash the old Temüjin Contract. There can be only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeypirate wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, my answer was bad. If the thing being trashed is faceup, it goes faceup. If it is facedown, it goes facedown. If it was accessed from R&D or HQ and trashed, it goes faceup.

Quote:
You can't move assets like that, unless the card specifically allows you to, like Georgia Emelyov, which allows you to pay 2 credits to move her to another server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
piotr s
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RvdH83 wrote:

Monkeypirate wrote:
- Hardware/Ressources/Upgrades can't be trashed nor "replaced"(hence the console problem xD).Thank you so much!

Upgrades can also be "replaced". If the corp installs a card in a server, that card can replace any cards(add missing s) that was previously installed in that server.

you can na trash many cards in server when instal newon, same for instaling ice protecting server, and programs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cederic Winkler
msg tools
rattkin wrote:
You've missed one question.

Quote:

Will I become addicted to this game for the rest of my life?

Yes.

hahaha i hope so!

thank you very much to all for these many answers. I made a little summary of these minor rules so i have a quick reference guide for the first couple of games =)

i'm already looking forward on buying one of the many expansions. i think i will go up step by step xD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.