Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think the core set or any set introduce a way to refill a card's charge or just bad idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Level 1 Guardian event titled Extra Ammunition that adds three tokens onto a firearm.

I wouldn't be surprised if others existed as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot hopefully there is a card that refills Spell Charges

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
souloon souloon
Poland
flag msg tools
There has to be - look on grotesque statue:

Uses (4 charges). If Grotesque Statue has no charges, discard it.

and Scrying :

Uses (3 charges).

Thats it - no discarding - so there should be a way to replenish charges for spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's a typo because I can't imagine there not being enough room to add discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether or not it reloads, there might also be cards that let you do things with cards in play, such as sell off a used item. So it is very clearly intentional that some cards leave play once the charges are used and some don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
Maybe it's a typo because I can't imagine there not being enough room to add discard.

It makes thematic sense though... for an item, when you're done with it - you just toss aside.

I'm not sure how spells in the Arkham-verse work, but in most cases they require a lot of prep work, study and set-up, so once you've committed to a spell - you can't just "replace" it with something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daisy is almost guaranteed to be a Mystic and thus she can use scrying and shriveling which be rather powerful cards to use as Seekers are by far the weakest class so her having access to magic (the DL Seeker can use any zero level card so their good to go) will help if I wanna Solo the game. Maybe we can spend an action and resources to replenish charges?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
souloon souloon
Poland
flag msg tools
It cannot be a typo - rite of seeking and shrivelling don't have a discard section either. It looks like its deliberate.

There are 3 possible explanations why:

First one that it can still be used when its on zero charges - by regaining charges somehow for example

Second one, it's that you pay for a price of magic somehow in the game. Even when the magic runs out and cannot help you anymore - for example encounter card that deals X damage where X is number of arcane cards you have in front of you.

Last one is that there is no way to remove it from the game and it's using a slot limiting your options to play never more than 2 arcane spells in the current game.

First it's in my opinion most possible. Second option is possible and thematic. Last one... Well it looks like it would be too crippling for the mystic overall. So I don't think it's probable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But isn't 2 and 3 theories amounting to same thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When playing a new card that takes up an already occupied slot you are allowed to discard the preexisting card. I believe this is mentioned in the Team Covenant demo and also that's how it works in most other games including other Arkkham games. There is probably or will probably be ways to recharge spells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.