Subject: Masters of the Deep - Where's the BGG page? Discussion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been patiently watching the Kickstarter for the Masters of the Deep war game (ends in just a few days) and I'm really surprised how little info and discussion there is here on BGG. I thought a product page would've been put up by now. I subscribed to the Rivals forum at the beginning of the Kickstarter thinking discussion would take place here until Masters of the Deep's own product page was put up.

Nothing.

I'm really interested in the theme and miniatures of the game and the idea of using fish tank extras/buildings/etc. to setup the board sounds like a quick and different method for war gaming.

I would love to see a How to Play for the war game.

I'm on the fence and time is running out. This game is totally swimming under the radar - pun intended!

Am I missing something? Anyone else here backing the new game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Back 5
msg tools
It's a poorly run campaign. No excuses for that. We've (backers) tried to get things more active but not really supported.

With that said, I'm still a backer for 2 copies of the game.

Here is the video they posted of the war-game play through. It's in an update and not posted on the main campaign page (don't know why).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht3-pCxKEE0&feature=youtu.be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Wulfsberg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The new Kickstarter is for a tabletop/wargame rulebook and templates, though you can still buy the full game and add ons. It still uses the same base game minus the board game tiles. I'm not sure if it needs a separate page. I do wish there was more discussion as well. It is picking up some on the Kickstarter comments section now at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ragaert
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game definitely LOOKS great - has a rather strong Arcadia Quest vibe with the cartoonesque minis. But the lack of communication and decent stretch goals made me not back it.

Maybe I'll pick it up in retail but there are definitely concerns for backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Grinter
msg tools
mb
Yep, I'm glad this got funded as its got cool theme and fun looking minis, but honestly I'm super confused as to the status of this game. Sounds like there was some funding drama with the original boardgame KS where the designers backed off and had to restart their campaign. Now a year later and they're running another KS for a wargame version. All their updates on the boardgame campaign just talk about the new campaign, and don't have any production/shipping details. Have to agree with previous poster that backers have reason for concern, but here's hoping all is well as I would love to pick this up at retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to not back the Kickstarter mostly due to the lack of communication, posting of game details and the confusion mentioned above between the bosrd game and war game.

I do hope to pick it up via retail at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

When will KS creators learn that communication is critical?

I know...never.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.