The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gollum clues and guarded - the hunt for Gollum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calum Fox
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi all!

I'm working my way through the first Mirkwood cycle. I have a question with how Gollum reacts with guarded. To be able to take control of the clue you need to successfully quest and have Gollum not attached to anything.

My understanding is that as soon as an objective with the guarded keyword comes into play you reveal an additional card from the encounter deck and have that card attach to your objective with the guarded keyword. Does this mean that to claim Gollum you need to have him guarded by a treachery card so that you can resolve the treachery, not have the Gollum objective guarded by anything, then quest successfully and claim the clue?

Cheers!
Calum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
calumfox89 wrote:
Hi all!

I'm working my way through the first Mirkwood cycle. I have a question with how Gollum reacts with guarded. To be able to take control of the clue you need to successfully quest and have Gollum not attached to anything.

My understanding is that as soon as an objective with the guarded keyword comes into play you reveal an additional card from the encounter deck and have that card attach to your objective with the guarded keyword. Does this mean that to claim Gollum you need to have him guarded by a treachery card so that you can resolve the treachery, not have the Gollum objective guarded by anything, then quest successfully and claim the clue?

Cheers!
Calum

Welcome, I Finished my singing rangers deck through this set last month it is interesting story line.
As to your questions let me try to explain:
You need to resolve the "guard card" you attached, if a treason card resolve immediately and then it goes to the discard pile so objective is now unguarded. In the case of an enemy card you need to defeat it somehow, in case of a location it needs explored (travel to etc. or maybe northern tracker(s) can help you get it explored).
Essentially once the "guard" card you pulled is resolved (via normal game means) the objective card is now in the staging area (returned there is if it was with an enemy that you engaged and have now defeated, or the active location and it is now explored - yup objective card moves with those attachments) and you can claim it by following whatever directions are on the objective card (i.e quest successfully/exhaust/ do a double back flip with a twist off the high bar)
Hope that clarifies it some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.