Napoleon: The Waterloo Campaign, 1815» Forums » General

Subject: PBEM/Vassal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read the rules twice and would like to have my first play at this game if anyone is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very interested in PBEM. I have owned the game for a number of years but have never played. I have recently had the urge to play a Columbia block war-game and looked at a few titles.

I own the older edition, 3rd, I think.

Having never played PBEM, do you have a few links I can look at to learn? I just did a few internet searches and found a software program called, Battlegrounds Gaming Engine, and am about to read all about it.

If you're up for a newbie to the game and PBEM, I'm happy to dive in and learn. If it's relatively easy to use, it might help me play other war-games that I own and not have local players to play against.

Edit:

As I looked longer at Battlegrounds Gaming engine, I realized it wasn't a PBEM server. It is more of a Vassal-type software program. I'll continue to look...

Edit:

Good gracious. I feel like the last person in the world to understand this PBEM medium. I found a website called ACTS (Automated Card Tracking System) which appears to be popular for war-gamers. There are no instructions on the site as to how to use it, but there are hundreds of games going on.

I checked youtube for a 'how-to' video and came up with nothing. I'll keep looking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vassal's fine with me, Dundy O.

I have 4th edition and the vassal mod is for that version. I would say download the Columbia Games web site PDF of the rules and read through once or twice and we can give it a try. I'll take either side. Just let me know if you want to do it.

By the way, it would be my first game, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for PBEM opponents for a 2 or 3 player game of Napoleon. Historical setup, willing to play any side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gustavo,

I'm willing to give it a go. Just completed 4 games with two of my sons this past Christmas break. So, now I'm quite familiar with the game. I am waiting to start a game with DundyO who posted on this thread, but have not heard back in a few weeks from him.

So why don't we start one in the meantime. I'll send you a file. Just provide your email by sending a geek message to me.

Blessings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GA Jim wrote:
Hey Gustavo,

I'm willing to give it a go. Just completed 4 games with two of my sons this past Christmas break. So, now I'm quite familiar with the game. I am waiting to start a game with DundyO who posted on this thread, but have not heard back in a few weeks from him.

So why don't we start one in the meantime. I'll send you a file. Just provide your email by sending a geek message to me.

Blessings!

Done, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.