Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Setting up for my first game and I have become confused by when exactly suit matters. I realize for the move action it does. Does it matter for special abilities on cards with a move?

I ask because in the rules section on "move a liveryman" it says the movement must "match the suit of the played card." Then later it says "whenever the term 'move a liveryman' is used, it refers to moving in this way." (Paraphrased slightly)

But then card abilities, like 96 say "move to any unresolved tile." Does it allow movement only to purple? The rules seem to suggest so but the reference seems to contradict.

Thanks for help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerritjan Roubos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Move to any unresolved tile" means any tile no matter what color.
The special ability on a card has nothing to do with the color of that card.
"Move a liveryman" on page 6 explains the other ability of a card, the colored one. So yes, then you have to move a liveryman to a guild with the color of the card.

Great game by the way meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I ended up playing it. The problem I was running into was the line on page six where it says that you have to follow those rules "anytime the words 'move a liveryman' are used."

So I agree that you're right, but I don't think it's very clear. That line is really problematic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.