United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
The thief's ability is an action to teleport to any location on the map (within reason). But does the thief get this ability when they first enter the dungeon? Or must the thief first be placed on stairs, and then a second action must be used to teleport the thief around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Directly from the rules for the thief: "As an action, you may move your thief to any room or entrance area on the board. The thief
comes into play on an entrance area like all other
heroes."

Drawing and playing a card to place the thief on an entrance was one action. You need another action to move her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thank you. Curious, which edition of the rulebook did that text come from? My rulebook just says:

Quote:

Thief
Action: Place the Thief on any room or staircase that does not contain an opposing Knight.
• The Thief cannot use its action ability to enter a room that contains an opposing Knight."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. This text was not in my rulebook (3rd edition), or the other question I asked, so I went looking and found the text in the 2nd edition rulebook. Looks like FFG lost some details between editions. :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, that was from second edition. I forgot there was a third. That's a pretty gross omission. I'm still partial to first edition, but I also have second edition for the different board and the variant characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.