$30.00
$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Chris Grindstaff
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Fianlly after a month of off and on work of it, I have the full custom set (forty cards) set of Arena of the Planeswalkers (plus expansions) cards. These cards serve two different purposes:

1-To provide a standard size variant of all cards for ease of storage/play (to hell with over sized cards)

2-To create more of a "Magic The Gathering" feel to the game which would include deck building of normal sized cards for future fan-made expansions and to showcase better art from Magic The Gathering.

**Now as a disclaimer I will announce that the pictures used in the card art is in NO WAY my creation, just some Google-Fu - and some of the art isn't the correct art for the creature (i.e. Kor Aeronaut Captain isn't the official MTG card art for that card..if that's even a card..)**

I have broken the cards down into different types, like Planewalkers Card, Common Minion Cards, Uncommon Minion Cards, Hero Monster Cards, Hero Creatures cards.

Variants of Planes Walkers:

Variants of Hero Creatures:

Variants of Creatures:

Variants of Boss Creatures:

That's it for now, upcoming projects will be a card for every Planeswalker in Magic The Gathering, as well as custom Squads for the new Planeswalkers aswell as spells.

**Enjoy!**
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! That looks like alot of work went into it. Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clark
United States
Stony Brook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grindstaff
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
If any MTG players out there have any favorite cards that stand out to them, please let me know about it, be it creature/spell/Planeswalker, so I can try to make a variant to add it in game.

First tease at a new (and one of my favorite) Planewalker and his Minions:

The strategy behind this Planeswalker and Minions would be to use the Fiends and Void Walkers to quickly move across the battle field, reducing the total number of enemy squad creatures with the Hero Creature staying with the Planeswalker to guard him, Terror Fiends could control a minion - send it to the Void Reaper to kill the minion (much like the Snuff Out currently in game). I made the Void Reaper a bit weaker just to play off the buff/debuffs of Ashiok and her together. The Void Reaper is still a WIP - I'm going to reduce her attack and defense and build a custom secondary skill for her removing Madness of Angels with a Life Link skill for removing 1 damage marker from your Planeswalker for killing an enemy minion wit her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Risso
msg tools
mb
Good job boy, what do you think of making new creatures of all the colors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grindstaff
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
okrim wrote:
Good job boy, what do you think of making new creatures of all the colors?

Working on it now! Finished the art for ALL the Planeswalkers in Magic the Gathering yesterday (working on stat's and abilities), each one is getting two unique creature squads as well as some new Hero Creatures for them.

Goal is to have deck building in this game, choose a Red Planeswalker or a Red/Black Planeswalker - build a deck of custom creatures and spells for him. (Red/Black could choose Black or Red, or one of each for the minions; Red or Black or a Mix and Match of both colors for the spells.)

In total this game will be massive, MINIMUM of 68 Official Planeswalkers cards, each unique - and a MINIMUM of 192 minion cards all unique aswell; this doesn't even include spells yet.

Thought about a custom game play style - build a 52 card deck with no minions on the board, each minion card you draw only gives you 1 of those creatures on the board. Much more MTG-ish.

....made a Murloc Card,...couldn't help it....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis maclaren

Oregon
msg tools
great work but on the blazing firecats there is an error: "when summoned you may attack with A (as in one of them, not all) firecat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grindstaff
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aw, but that gets rid of their OP - thanks for the head's up, corrected on masterlist! Will edit post later tonight when I'm off work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James S.
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Neato, did you use magic set editor for this project or photoshop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grindstaff
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Adobe Illustrator, MSE, GIMP, and Photoshop....needed a bit of everything to finally get it the way I liked. Frank Clark, helped me out with the MSE template that got edited in Illustrator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.