Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Richard
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this question come up in two forms while playing this evening, which I think comes down to a question about the order of feeding and order of starvation.

1) Suppose there is not enough food for an herbivore population. Do the herbivores die before carnivores eat? Or could the carnivores feed on the to-be-starved herbivores?

2) Suppose there is not enough food for a scavenger population. Do the scavengers die before the carnivores eat? Or could the scavengers get food after the carnivores attack a different population?

I think the general question is: does starvation occur after feeding each population, or after feeding all populations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
After feeding all populations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
rayidar wrote:
I had this question come up in two forms while playing this evening, which I think comes down to a question about the order of feeding and order of starvation.

1) Suppose there is not enough food for an herbivore population. Do the herbivores die before carnivores eat? Or could the carnivores feed on the to-be-starved herbivores?

2) Suppose there is not enough food for a scavenger population. Do the scavengers die before the carnivores eat? Or could the scavengers get food after the carnivores attack a different population?

I think the general question is: does starvation occur after feeding each population, or after feeding all populations?

Martin is correct. When it is your turn, you choose the order of feeding each of your species. After you have finished feeding as many species as possible, populations that have not been fed will starve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Richard
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both Martin and Dominic for your help--that answers my question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.