Hide
4 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Open world board ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shakespeare William
msg tools
Hi, have you ever heard about a modified basic board on which you can move freely, like this :

Detailled places, you choose a color at the begining of your turn and can go freely through the color arrows choosen(with your movement dice result of course) on the talisman world.

The inner region is exactly the same as the basic board but after a few tests it may be printed on a separetd board, the inner and outter region board will be sized as the normal board

The objective is to have a sensation of travelling through a real map.

Do you think it's a good idea ?
Thanks in advance for ny advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Thurlow
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Intriguing. I'd give it a go. Any thoughts on the corner expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakespeare William
msg tools
I thought of something like that.

Here you have the 4 "big" expansions.
The fact is deep realm expansion cannot be used here or with some teleports...
Here i imagined an outter region sized as the original main board. An middle end inner region on a separate board ( it means 50 cm longuer which is the main issue here... a bit too much large too..).
The dungeon can be move farer from the city as the highlands.

The other solution is to accept to have expansions not directly linked to the main board...it's sad in my mind but you can put the dungeon and highland together to obtain a longer but not so large board.

For reaper and werewolf or any other
Solution1: roll a colored dice with the movement die of the npc (or just tje colored dice for the tod king). 4 color , one for each color. Color chosen by player and completly free move (don't care about arrows). The player move the character using the color choosen by the dice.

For cards as "mothing clockwise" etc.
Same solution as solution 1 for reaper and werewolf. Or, move freely.

Cards wittch permit to go throught the river , works only if your on a place with river, re-draw a card may be the good thing to do.I have no better idea.

One last point if you have any comments. What is the best to choose path, arrows or lines ?
arrows:

lines:

Do you see any other issues ? ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakespeare William
msg tools
WIP

Move rules will be: move through the spaces using the border of each tile only.

I think the center part of the outter region will be tiles in order to have an exploring sensation. These will be placed face down at the begining and discovered during the game.

For movement after thinking of it one simple rule is enough: You cannot come back or use times the same tile during the same move.

Some cards have to change.
Let's say if a card allow two move dice it can replaced by no extra dice but the capacity to move diagonaly.

Pending are Npc movement... perhaps with a wheel to spin wich shows the direction that the Npc must take it can be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.