Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gray
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My KS arrived earlier in the week and despite the jiffy bag and shrink on the game being undamaged the box inside was squashed and torn like it had been run over and then had been shipped that way.

I've emailed Ship Naked as indicated on the KS page, both through KS and via direct email, but haven't had a response, not even an acknowledgement email to say they've received the emails and will deal with them in due time as they are busy.

Has anyone else experienced damaged copies or bits missing on this KS, and if so what was your experience of the customer service? Have you had any response from them?

I don't want to start screaming and jumping up and down if the emails haven't got through - that wouldn't be fair. but if they have, I've got to say I'm being significantly underwhelmed by their response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Cook
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Send a message to Gamelyn Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gray
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, i've done that now, so just waiting on the response from them. i have heard they're quite good at this, so fingers crossed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was mine damaged? Of course it was. They only packed the game in a padded mailing envelope.

Ship Naked is not my very favorite...

Only one corner was pushed in, though, so I didn't bother getting ahold of them. The game pieces inside are all fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gray
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Contacted Gamelyn direct and got a positive response in under 3 hrs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Metro Detroit Area
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience on damage was minor, a torn card. My experience with Ship Naked is very much the same. They do not acknowledge receipt from their form online. I called and they acknowledged it was entered, but not very friendly. I reached out to Gamelyn and got an immediate response from them and then from SN. The replacement card was in an envelope no cardboard to keep it from being bent.

Net - Gamelyn is an awesome company, but their choice for distribution and replacement leaves a lot to be desired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with John H. My one experience with Gamelyn games was fantastic. Ship Naked not so much. Have to call them to get things replaced.

P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yah, my box was a little squished. Due to being shipped in a padded envelope, it could be expected. Box and contents fine, except from the squishing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Langley Rock
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
Our boxes luckily came out only with minor bruising. But I also made a point to mention the suboptimal packing materials.

I've received packages from the other side of the world in bubble mailers with no damage at all; just need an extra layer inside and/or cardboard.

Yes-an additional mfg expense of I factor in to the overall CoTS, but one that can save costs and reputation in the long run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gray
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I got CC'd into Gamelyn's email to Ship Naked, god I loved the tone of that. Finally got an email from Ship Naked themselves only 10 Days after contacting them - based on what some of you guys have said this sounds quite good for them. We'll see how the rest of the process and the replacement turns out.

Gamelyn have been great, I'm just sorry they are being let down by sub-par fulfillment.

Padded envelopes haven't been a problem in the past, but I might be lucky I suppose. I did get my first copy of The Agents in a box that looked like it had been hit by a large caliber piece of munitions (it DID ship from Israel so its not beyond the realms of possibility I suppose) but the game itself was ok. This is the first KS of 20+ backed and received where theres been a problem.

I am going to try and find out who the fulfillment agents are in future, and maybe not back ones involving SN(saying why), or at least mention my distrust of their services. maybe if enough of us do this the people running the KS can apply pressure where it will change things - with SN's clients, since their clients' customers seem to have limited impact directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Crikey, I also backed Ultra Tiny Epic Kingdoms... which also uses Ship Naked for fulfilment. Fingers crossed.

A jiffy bag may be suitable for shipping if the contents of the box was completely solid (so more resistant to bruising)... but I do not see that as the responsibility of the game manufacturer. If/when I use a jiffy, I'd put some bubble wrap inside the box. As a solo person shipping something, that works for me. Can't see a business doing that, pushing costs sky-high.

Goodness knows how a herd of antelope trod all over your copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gray
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well as I say, I'm not completely convinced it wasn't shipped in that state as the packaging was undamaged, including the shrink on the box.

You are right that the manufacturer/publisher shouldn't have to design their game to survive duff packaging in transit. But they shouldn't have to put up with shippers using a system that seems to result in so many damaged copies. It must be costing them a bit in replacements and spares, plus the shipping for them.

After all the shippers if they also operate the spares/replacement for the publisher, are the face most of us get to see if there is a problem. Any business would want be sure that the people who represent them to their customers are doing so in the best light. If I were running a KS (not likely in the near future, I have to say) I will have put so much effort into getting my game out there that I would want to be sure that any fulfillment service I bought in reflected my product and the work I have invested in it.

We are frequently reminded that as backers we are owed and guaranteed nothing, something I have no problem with. If Gamelyn or anyone else, having worked hard to reward us, were packing and shipping the products themselves and they arrived in poor shape I would feel disappointed but accept what I was sent, and then think twice about backing again in future. In these cases though Gamelyn like many others are contracting the packing and post sales support out, and then it seems having to deal with it anyway. I feel they aren't getting value for money and, because we tend to suck it up and accept it, may not even realise they aren't receiving the service they should be getting from those they pay to represent them. Market forces probably mean that there are only a few fulfillment companies out there so choice is limited, that doesn't mean we cant expect good service.

ok rant over.

Thanks everyone for your replies - i feel better its not just me got a duff one, but madder that this is happening so much. Thanks Gamelyn for your efforts - top notch from a small company so close to Essen - Ship Naked gotta try harder guys - even an automated response to each submission saying thanks we'll look into in a few days would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.