Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also working my way through the Mirkwood Cycle and just had an issue and wondered how it should have been resolved.

The combination of three cards are involved here. How does the timing work.

First card:
On the Trail (The Hunt For Gollum - Quest 3b)
Quote:
Any player who does not control a hero with at least 1 Clue objective attached cannot commit characters to this quest. If there are ever no heroes with Clue objectives attached in play, reset the quest deck to stage 2B. If the players defeat this stage, the players have once again found a true sign of Gollum's

Second Card: Signs of Gollum (The Hunt For Gollum - Clue)
Quote:
Clue.
Guarded.
Response: After the players quest successfully, the players may claim Signs of Gollum if it has no attached encounters. When claimed, attach Signs of Gollum to any hero committed to the quest. (Counts as a Condition attachment with: 'Forced: After attached hero is damaged or leaves play, return this card to the top of the encounter deck.')

Third card:
Evil Storm (Core Set - Treachery)
Quote:
When Revealed: Deal 1 damage to each character controlled by each player with a threat of 35 or higher.

Here's what happened. Two handed solo game (2 player). I went all in with my questing to finish off the last leg. Both players had a clue so both could quest.

Revealed two cards off the encounter deck and one of the revealed cards was ‘Evil Storm’. Only one player had threat above 35 so they took damage and lost their clue because of the clue's forced effect.

My question is, since the player lost their clue after committing to the quest are they still included when resolving questing? “On the Trail” says without a clue players “cannot commit characters to the quest” but the characters were already committed to questing before they lost the clue. Or would they be considered not questing once they lose that clue?

I recorded my score for both scenarios. Just wondering which is correct.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Timing Question - Th Hunt for Gollum
Before you begin staging you have already committed the characters to the quest. They remain committed unless a game effect instructs you to "remove a questing character from the quest" or the like. In this instance, when Evil Storm removes your clue from play your questing characters are still questing and the loss of the clue doesn't effect that player until the next time they attempt to commit heroes and allies to the quest.

If you lost both clues (all clues), that would be a different story; you'd need to revert to an earlier quest card before resolving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for your quick reply!! I'm glad to get some confirmation on that. it's been bugging me all day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.