The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Gloum Kupaa
New Caledonia
msg tools
Hello, it's me again!!

I need some advice about this question!! Would you rather buy Eldritch Horror + a few expansions or Mansion of madness?

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now you would get more plays out of Eldritch Horror, but both are fun games. Mansions of Madness currently only has 6 stories, and only 4 of them are playable with only the base game. They are supposed to release new stories later, and it looks like they will be both DLC for the app and physical expansions.

You can use the monster figures from Mansions of Madness in Eldritch/Arkham Horror so if you see it on sale later on it is still worth getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the app thing so Eldritch horror it is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
That is really a tough question. They are two totally different experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Van Slyke

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
I think part of it might depend on how many people you want to play the game. Eldritch Horror is for 1 - 8 players, and Mansion of Madness is 2 - 5. So if you're looking for something that can accommodate more people, you might think about Eldritch Horror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VBSST wrote:
I think part of it might depend on how many people you want to play the game. Eldritch Horror is for 1 - 8 players, and Mansion of Madness is 2 - 5. So if you're looking for something that can accommodate more people, you might think about Eldritch Horror.

Mansions of Madness is 1-5 players, so you can play on your own if you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritch Horror is pretty bad at higher player counts anyway.

They're different types of games, for sure.

What sort of Mythos do you like? Do you want the chance to shotgun Cthulhu in the face? Get Eldritch Horror.

Do you understand that your existence is meaningless and you're an unimportant speck in the cosmos? Get Mansions of Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to work together, but, thematically, they're still different. With EH, players are all over the globe, doing their own part of the greater plan, sorta like Pandemic. With MM, players are working together in a small town, much like a roleplaying game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Van Slyke

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
steven1mac wrote:
VBSST wrote:

Mansions of Madness is 1-5 players, so you can play on your own if you wish.

Ah, my bad, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gloum Kupaa
New Caledonia
msg tools
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the replies! Ended up ordering expansions of EH, gonna check later Mansion of Madness!

Have a good day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI I love EH with the higher player counts.
As for EH expansions, Foresaken Lore seems out of print.
Did you bypass that one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gloum Kupaa
New Caledonia
msg tools
Hey,

On FFG it's showing Forsaken Lore being delivered to stores, also you can pre order it on Geekstop Games (showing "on the way" on boardgameprices). I prefere to wait some time instead of paying the insane price some people are asking for that expansion XD

Hope that helps you if you want to order it / know someone who wants it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Solo? Eldrich Horror.

Multiplayer? Mansions of Madness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.