13 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » General

Subject: [Q] Exactly what comes in the non-KS retail box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boardgamegeek page does not list the retail game's exact contents, and it's been extremely frustrating trying (and failing) to find out exactly what is inside the damned retail box before I decide whether to order it online.

My questions:

1. Does the retail version come with the 2-sculpts versions of each clan's soldiers (sculpt A x4, sculpt B x4)? Or do all 8 clan soldiers have the same sculpt, and only the KS version has 2 sculpts?

2. Exactly how many grey monsters come in the retail box? I know the Mystic Troll, Mountain Giant, Wolfman, and Fenrir are KS exclusives. But what about the Hel Soldier, Dwarf, and Dark Elf? Are those 3 retail or KS exclusives?

I think I've figured out everything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
... ...
Germany
flag msg tools
All four clans have two different sculpts and besides the the four monsters you mentioned all of them are in the Base game.
We ks backers got some alternative sculpts of some monsters but thouse have no game play effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Ortiz
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ks backers also have an additional clan, wildboar clan, and sculps to mark 1 player, doom, and age phase. All of this don't change the game experience whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with everything so far. Bottom line - your tokens are cardboard stock (ks also had the cardboard plus plastic ones). It has the 4 big monsters and the smaller monsters (!s had 4 extra big monsters plus a couple alt sculpts of dwarf, hel, one other I want to say)
Core box is 4 player but there is a retail expansion to give you 5th player. You don't get wild boars clan (purple)
You can also buy God's of Asgard and mystics at retail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danimal13 wrote:
Agree with everything so far. Bottom line - your tokens are cardboard stock (ks also had the cardboard plus plastic ones). It has the 4 big monsters and the smaller monsters (!s had 4 extra big monsters plus a couple alt sculpts of dwarf, hel, one other I want to say)
Core box is 4 player but there is a retail expansion to give you 5th player. You don't get wild boars clan (purple)

There is nothing to agree with. They posted facts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flaviorbs wrote:
danimal13 wrote:

There is nothing to agree with. They posted facts.

Well, you can agree that the facts are accurate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. Kickstarter is same as retail. 2 different sculpts.
2. Retail has 9 monsters. (including hel, dwarf, elf) Kickstarter has those same 9 monsters plus the 4 you mentioned, plus an alternate sculpt of those other 3 monsters with cards to add the second copies of the monsters in 5p games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jei Gan
msg tools
The Core box of the KS version is the same with the retail version. I think. =) You can look up unboxing vids on youtube.

1. Each clan has 8 warriors with 2 different sculpts (4 of the same sculpt for each)

2. Warriors, Leaders, and ships are color grey. All monsters are color blue. 4 big monsters and 5 small monsters.
- BIG - Troll, Sea Serpent, Fire Giant, Frost Giant
- small - Dwarf Chieftain, Valkyrie, Dark Elf, Soldier of Hel, Volur Witch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The retail box I have has:
1. 2-sculpts of each clam warrior (sculpt A x4, sculpt B x4)
2. 9 monster figures - the base set and Dwarf, Dark Elf and the Hel Soldier.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masouras wrote:
1. 2-sculpts of each clam warrior

Funny typo ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colette Robinson
Australia
flag msg tools
Kickstarter Exclusives put me off wanting to buy a lot of games. Had they made Fenrir & co. into non-exclusive expansions, Blood Rage would seem less pretentious to me.
The art book and 3D tokens I could live without.
Not bitter, lowly, retail buying scum, just a completionist who doesn't like empty voids in my game inserts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also want to know how not having the KS exclusive stuff changes the game. I can get everything but the KS stuff for around 100 dollars. Seems everything and the KS stuff is 600 dollars. I assume the Kickstarter stuff isn't worth the extra investment, but I still want to know how the game is different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
The retail version in itself is amazing already!

From the kickstarter exclusives, only the additional monsters change the gameplay. In my opinion they change the depth of the game strategically a lot and make an already great game even better due to the following reasons:

1) Which applies to all: due to more cards available, not all cards are drafted each round, as such some strategies work better or worse than normal, which is super interesting as it forces you to adapt.
2) They add and expand on the possible strategies! Especially the mountain giant, without whom the leader upgrades themselves are in my opinion not strong enough to warrant them being picked over some other point heavy cards. Or Fenrir who allows very tight control over ragnarök and as such makes combos with doubling your points very interesting. Or the Wolfman which makes you rethink battles etc etc.

I would agree though, that paying 50 bucks for one miniature is complete overkill. But they do give a fair bit amount of additional strategy to an already brilliant game!

But again, the retail version is amazing and only one strategy (leaders) are a bit weak compared to the rest without the mountain giant. Other than that everything is tightly balanced and every strategy allows plenty of counters. Highly recommended even as retail from my side!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.