Subject: Paying with Nebulis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Pawlicki
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have case, or two actually. There is a warrior fraction card (don't remember the name atm) that has an immediate impact and says 'Your opponents have to pay 2 pearls to the bank'. If you have just one pearl or none, the case is obvious, but when you have a pearl and a couple of black ones, can you pay the cost with one pearl and one Nebulis?

The second question. When someone gains two or more black pearls, and one of the players have an active lord card that allows him to gain a pearl each time an opponent gets two pearl or more, does it count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Cook
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the card says "pearl" it is talking about pearls. If it says "nebulis" it is talking about nebulis.

So if it says two pearls it doesn't count nebilus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Pawlicki
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but since the two lord cards are from the base game and there have some exceptions from the original use of pearls, I'm still not 100% sure. I kinda hope Bruno Cathala could confirm that and I have no intention of discrediting you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tehzomfg wrote:
I have case, or two actually. There is a warrior fraction card (don't remember the name atm) that has an immediate impact and says 'Your opponents have to pay 2 pearls to the bank'. If you have just one pearl or none, the case is obvious, but when you have a pearl and a couple of black ones, can you pay the cost with one pearl and one Nebulis?

I would say the answer to this is no. In the rule book it mentions on the top of the 4th page pretty specifically when you can use them. I'm not going to quote it exactly but its very clear that you can only spend a nebulis when buying an ally that an opponent offers you on their turn, or when using pearls to help you complete the sum of the cost for a Lord. There's also a note on the page labeled "important" that says a nebulis cannot be used to plot at the court. This seems to reinforce that the only time you can use these nebulis is in the two situations I stated above (and there are Lord effects that let you spend them as well but they say on the cards themselves).

tehzomfg wrote:
The second question. When someone gains two or more black pearls, and one of the players have an active lord card that allows him to gain a pearl each time an opponent gets two pearl or more, does it count?

I don't have a reference for this but I would say no, you do not get a pearl if your opponent takes a nebulis. My reason is that throughout Abyss and Kraken, it's made very clear that pearls and nebulis are different resources. Nebulis can normally be obtained through the kraken cards. I highly doubt that a Lord's power would let you gain a pearl for someone obtaining a nebulis. If I were playing the game I would rule this as NO but of course, an official ruling is always welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Cook
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries man, I have been wrong before. But just so you know, the Highwayman (lord that lets you take 1 of their 2 pearls earned) is from the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.