Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I ran intro a situation yesterday.
I put the 3rd on stone. I would win with 3 in a row. I had a suit of one color. Unbeatable. But it was a hard thing to prove. You have to look at the six color and disqualify any possibility of a stronger suit in a single color. It was a chore to prove, and I don't think I could, so we went on. After playing six more cards, he took two more stones, had 5 and... won? It felt to me like the game was won long ago.

So my question is: what do you do in cases like this when proving is very tedious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solipsiste wrote:
So my question is: what do you do in cases like this when proving is very tedious?

Being able to see and work out the difficult proofs is part of the skill and fascination of this game. Most of the time the proofs are fairly straightforward, but sometimes they take a little digging, and that's when the game gets to be challenging and fun!

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Alright, I just wanted to be sure.
We had to stop and consider several possibilities for each color (like can one still do 2-3-4, and then 4-5-6, or ... for each color. It felt so tedious that we abandonned and thought: well, we can't prove clearly (the other player had not played a single card on that stone).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
But it was a hard thing to prove. You have to look at the six color and disqualify any possibility of a stronger suit in a single color. It was a chore to prove, and I don't think I could, so we went on.

Occasionally it takes a bit of analysis to prove a claim, but it never seemed tedious or hard to us. There are not that many possible ways an incomplete side could be completed to counter the claim.

(Maybe it's one of those things you get better/faster at doing with practice.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If he was able to actually win the flag, then the proof wasn't there (unless a tactics card was used and was played AFTER you first attempted to show the flag was yours; in that case the proof may have been there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.