flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so here is the situation:

Blue tiles - void spaces
Green tiles - planet spaces
Red stars - red units
Blue stars - blue units

The question:
Can red gound forces move to blue forces' planet (the yellow arrow) during one advance order using a legal path formed by friendly units in neighbouring systems?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis Oikonomou
Greece
Kuthira
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, no. When you play an advance order on a tile you can move units into that tile only from one adjacent tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. See official FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:
No. See official FAQ.

Quoted from official FAQ:

Q: Can I trace a path of movement through multiple
systems to go around Warp Storms?
A: No. Movement can only take place in the unit’s starting
system and the system being activated by the Advance
Order.

While this doesn't answer your question directly, I believe it applies the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
While this doesn't answer your question directly, I believe it applies the same way.

It actually does, movement would have to take place through other systems in the example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
Quote:

It actually does, movement would have to take place through other systems in the example.

The ruling here is specific to warp storms, but it doesn't seem right to me that warp storms should be a specific case and that movement in general wouldn't follow suit.

If someone were to read just the part on legal paths on page 8 of the rulebook:

A legal path is a series of contiguous friendly areas
leading to the destination world. This can include worlds
and/or voids.

I could see how they could come to the conclusion that the movement shown in the original post is a legal move. It is only when the ruling on warp storms and movement is read and extrapolated to include any movement that the pathing shown above is not considered legal.

It probably is best to clarify that a legal path is one that takes place between two adjacent boards/tiles and excludes other longer paths involving other tiles as well.

I personally would have preferred it if the original legal pathing definition would have taken precedence and one was rewarded for controlling more area as it makes the rules simpler, but alas it isn't so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.