Popular Tags: [View All]
Scottie Mick
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry if these have been asked!

1) In the "End of Each Round" section, it says "Raise Apocalypse Track by 1 if no Innocent Tokens are revealed". Do Innocent Tokens that were turned face up in previous rounds count as "revealed", or does "revealed" mean the action of flipping a token, therefore only the Innocent Tokens that were flipped up during this round count to prevent the track going up?

2) If "revealed" means showing face up at any point in time, is an Innocent Token carried by a Hero considered "revealed"?

3) In the "Beginning of Each Round" section, it says the Sin Player must put down an Innocent, a Fire, and a Corruption Token (if able). Do "rescued" Innocent Tokens go back to the available pool for the Sin Player to use, or does the text that says they "disappear" mean they're out of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say "are revealed" is different from "were revealed (this round)."

"Are revealed" reads to me that any innocents are face up, including those carried by heroes. Get those heroes to hustle towards the objective!

Rescued innocents go back into the pool, just like any crisis tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevis Marlar
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Agreed.
Putting the two pertinent rules in context:

END OF ROUND
"Raise the Apocalypse track by one if no innocents are revealed."
"Raise it by one again if any number of Heroes were killed that round."
So,
"END OF ROUND" = at end of round
"... no innocents" = no innocents, none.
"are revealed" = face up, showing, present in game.
If you get to the end of the round and you can't see an innocent on the board ('cuz ARE), then raise the Apocalypse track.

However, just like the second rule, for Hero deaths, applies to deaths occurring within the round, shouldn't "revealed" count as innocents you rescued off the board in the round?
But, then again, I don't think it should count for innocents who were revealed, and then died a horrible death from their corrupted rescuer, or by Dr. Gan's hand.

I think I'm going to stick with "no visible innocent at end of round, raise the Apoc track by one".

And, yeah, tokens out = tokens available for in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scuzball wrote:

"Are revealed" reads to me that any innocents are face up, including those carried by heroes. Get those heroes to hustle towards the objective!

I disagree. That makes pretty much 0 sense when you actually play the game because you can reveal one but not pick it up. The sin can no longer increase apoc track. That makes 0 sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottie Mick
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Scuzball wrote:

I disagree. That makes pretty much 0 sense when you actually play the game because you can reveal one but not pick it up. The sin can no longer increase apoc track. That makes 0 sense.

And that is why this boggles me lol.

I tried tweeting to Eric Lang to get clarifications, but no reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Iv'e never seen Eric reply to a tweet or post on any message board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.