Jason C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Played this game the other night with seven other people; I was a human (the Soldier character). Late into the game with one human having already escaped and another dead and now remorphed as an alien, I and the other remaining human had successfully bamboozled the five aliens who had no clue of our whereabouts. A few spaces from the exit and feeling pretty smug, I realised to my horror that the remaining human had taken an almost identical path and was one space ahead of me. Not fancying my chances of making it to another escape pod, I was forced into an act of desperation; leaving it until the remaining human was one space from the escape pod, I used my soldier ability to attack and kill the human, much to the amazement of everyone, not least that poor sacrificial human. As I successfully drew a green escape pod card, I felt dirty but jubilent; the blood may never wash off my hands but it was a memorable gaming moment.

Fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Remind me not to be a part of your team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds pretty thematic to me...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Rinaldi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Despite being a person that generally doesn't get along well with players who play to win, this tale is pretty entertaining and, as Dan Licata said, it feels very thematic.
An even more interesting outcome would have been if you drew a red hatch card, and not just for bad karma, but for the heavy emotional load that your character would suffer.

"His breath was heavy and his hands were violently shaking as he approached the console of the escape-hatch. Killing for his own survival was not something that would usually break his nerves, but the creatures that were after him were rapidly approaching hidden in the darkness, and the victim that was still bleeding at his feet, was someone he shared his meal with not much longer than a few hours ago.
With frantic movements the soldier slammed the console cabinet open, and he felt the red light sink its dead stare deep into his heart.

Death found him later still hanging to the cabinet door, a puppet whose soul and sanity had already drifted into the peaceful silence of nothingness."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Haha, you're right, that would've made an excellent piece of additional narrative.

In all seriousness, I'm not generally a win-at-all-costs player; as pointed out, it felt entirely thematic with the game, and I knew everyone would get a good laugh out of it ultimately.

The next game I played that night was Citadels where I was assasinated multiple times in a row, so Karma has a way of getting its revenge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.