Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ellie from The Last of Us rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Etienne Maury
Switzerland
Tavannes
flag msg tools
It took me about an hour to do this. I did it in french, if somebody is interested I may do it in english. Many thanks to "The Warp" and his character template! Hope you enjoy it a little.

Her abilities are a mix between Sparky and John Price. She's maybe a bit overpowered but I really want her to survive!
3 verses: one overpowered in french, one also overpowered in english and one reskin of Sparky (same stats and ability)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
What is her ability in English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I've got this right, she can copy any ability of any other survivor in the game. If she gets a bite directly from the exposure die, she treats it like a normal wound. She doesn't take part in the propagation bites when other survivors are bitten.

So... extremely strong, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's coorect.
too strong for my tastes even though i really liked the idea.
I'd personally remove the "copy another character's ability" part (keping all the remaining part) and slightly lowering the stats with attack 3+ and search 3+ (or attack 4+ search 2+.. something like that)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree Andrea.

Treat bite as normal wound. 3+\3+ stats.

One of my favorite characters in "zombie" lore.

The problem is she's now just a weaker sparky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Maury
Switzerland
Tavannes
flag msg tools
Ok, I just uploaded an english verse. thanks for the help with the translation.

well actually she is perfect for the "Hardcore variant!"
I did her because of Sparky. A dog carrying stuff and guns, driving cars... seemed very weird to me... but with Ellie I didn't just want a copy/paste of Sparky.

I'll look for a weaker verse with Ellie, without "copy ability" and with 3+ stats, but that way you better choose Sparky.

Maybe she can start with a "switchblade"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why don't you just reskin Sparky into Ellie? So much easier, and fits the game better than Sparky does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Maury
Switzerland
Tavannes
flag msg tools
alright...
I won't do endless updates with Ellie... so this one is just a "reskin" of Sparky into Ellie. she has exactly the same stats and ability.
Now for me came the hardest stuff, creating a pawn for Ellie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a cool solution to use Ellie as a replacement for Sparky for those people that don't like Sparky. So I definitely prefer the solution where she's just a re-skin of Sparky.

However, a Priority of 10 seems a little unfair for her. I understand Sparky being a 10 because if you have to make a choice between a dog and a person, the dog has to go. But Ellie!

I'd actually like to see a new game scenario with Ellie as an NPC. Her immunity makes her super important, so maybe the Colony has to keep her safe until the government arrives. But she's lost and in danger! Find her!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Maury
Switzerland
Tavannes
flag msg tools
so what level of priority do you think she should have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's the rub-- thematically, she'd be much higher, but game balance wise she needs to stay a 10, since she has so much protection built in vs. bites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.