Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am confused about the difference between Police and Troops. It seems there is none other than in order to buy a Civic Action you must have both present or during Redeploy each has different rules of action. Is that correct? Are the words cubes, Troops and Police to be considered equal in the rules and faction player aides? Besides the Civic Action and Redeploy are there instances where the color of the cube matters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NO! They are not equal! LOL!

Cubes can be either. Troops are troops and police are police.

Police can only sweep and assault in cities or ECs (not provinces). They can't be transported either. About the only time you can move them is during the prop round or with a garrison operation.

I hope this did not come off as mean. We all make COIN mistakes, and I'm not bashing you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I guess my confusion stems from the Government faction aid which only mentions troops and cubes - understandable because of limited space. The police actions/limitations are more clear in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.