Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Idea for new KD:M expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lehane Richards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If you look at the new KD:M website, the second picture shows the survivors being overrun by strange humanoids. I think that would be an awesome expansion to have. Lots of weaker opponents instead of one mega opponent would implement a vastly different experience in to a game already rich with variation. Maybe they're insane, maybe they're the scared survivors from a lantern hoard that jas just gone dark. Maybe they're not even human.

I'm unsure how the mechanics of such a "foe" would work, but I'm sure Poots could figure it out.

Anybody agree? Disagree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it's the picture for the "Overwhelming Darkness" hunt event, so it's not new.

The spidicules expansion has the 6 spiderlings as "minions" to fight against, so your suggestion is already implemented at least once

Edit: IIRC, Poots announced that he had some sort of dungeon crawler in mind (as a different game from "monster"?). If he ever makes it, I bet there will be lots of stuff there. It might even be integrated in the KDM world as a phase prior to a showdown (i.e. instead / besides going through the abstract hunt events phase, survivors could also have to do some D. crawling to reach their quarry?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I've been experimenting with lesser monsters. Creatures that can be on the battlefield whilst you fight a monster.

They don't have an AI deck, instead they have an AI. Flow chart that dictates their actions, making them easier to predict.

One of the lesser monsters are priarhna hounds. A pack of animals that move and attack as one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.