Hide
9 Posts

Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: New Cards?: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Martinez
msg tools
quick question. Are the cards from the base game compatible with 2.0 rules? If not has their been word that Prodos will print and sell cards that are compatible with the current changes?

THank you all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The cards will be different. Leadership was removed, close combat weapons now modify the unit's strength (vice a stand-alone value). This alone changes all the cards slightly. Aliens were given new attacks and abilities (paroxism), and many units stats were changed for balance. Use the book stats page for now.

As for release... Prodos says, "soon". Which usually means, "when we feel like getting around to it". Realistically, I'd say before December if we are lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barsotti Matteo
Italy
flag msg tools
I'm sorry, I don't understand, but it will come a new edition of games with rules 2.0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
matteob wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't understand, but it will come a new edition of games with rules 2.0?

1.2 cards compatible with 2.0 rules? No
Will digital (PDF) cards be made available? Yes.
When? No date is set.
Is there a 2.0 edition of the base game? No.
Will there be? Unknown at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dougisitosan wrote:
matteob wrote:

1.2 cards compatible with 2.0 rules? No
Will digital (PDF) cards be made available? Yes.
When? No date is set.
Is there a 2.0 edition of the base game? No.
Will there be? Unknown at this time.

Such a terrible and true report

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about making and printing my own cards with 2.0 stats and skills, because it's a chore checking the rulebook for the new values again and again. I don't know how difficult it can be for Prodos to make one simple printable PDF with new card images and upload it on their website? There are only minor changes, it's not like they have to make all stat cards from scratch. As a matter of fact, it would be nice if they printed new cards in the came quality as originals and send them to their customers on demand. If they'd be afraid people would buy only stat cards instead of complete add-on model packs, they could require customers to send them scans of receipts as a proof of purchase, before shipping them replacement cards. That's how Upper Deck does it, for example.
I don't know what's going on behind the curtains in the company, I'm not watching their affairs closely and I wasn't a KS backer of this game, but so far I have an impression as if Prodos were just bunch of fanboys with more enthusiasm than experience, who had big expectations, but the AVP project grew too high over their heads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rogue Keeper wrote:
so far I have an impression as if Prodos were just bunch of fanboys with more enthusiasm than experience, who had big expectations, but the AVP project grew too high over their heads.
This and they have a habit of lying to customers, following shady business practices, and complete communications black-outs (which you are experiencing first-hand).

If you look at how they handled Warzone, you would see that offering a PDF is as far as they are going to go. They didn't offer re-prints and they don't appear to have a means to mark their products for version control. So when you buy something, hopefully you get new stock and not old (outdated) stock. This becomes difficult to gauge when buying from third-party stores. Also, if you were to theoretically buy direct today, will you get new cards or old cards? Probably old cards, but since they don't communicate to customers, no one knows until someone posts about it. shake That's how we learned about how the dropship was handled https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1651136/cheyenne-dropsh....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Carter
msg tools
I just bought 6 expansions a week ago from a website retailer, and the old cards are still used. Whats more, the young blood ping tokens are not the same width as the predator ping tokens from the core game. Makes the ping tokens of those models virtually useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd bet they have large supplies of add-ons with old stat cards. Also it wasn't very thoughtful of Prodos to add only 5 Activation tokens for Marine and Predator forces to the game box. If you want to play a larger game with more models, you can make Activation tokens of your own. Not that's a big issue, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.