Popular Tags: [View All]
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a hefty penalty to hit enemy tanks relating to "deliberate immobilization." I can't find any other reference to this condition in the rules. Can anyone clarify this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, a "called shot." Yes, that would make sense. I don't recall seeing any rules covering that, though. It's possible that was something removed after playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. As long as you've got it out, one other question came up:

If a unit moves back while in the outermost ring of the three sectors "behind" you (1, 2, 3), it winds up on the Movement Map in the region you just came from, and gets rid of any US Control marker there. If you go back to that region, what happens? Seems logical that it would trigger a battle with just that unit, but there doesn't seem to be a rules section covering it. Is my instinct right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally found the article posted here in the Files section--that sidebar is on the page 3 image. I think that's a typo. The rules indicate that units that back out from those three sectors (the "front" three) are simply removed with no kill credit awarded. I think they'd intended to describe the situation I outlined above with the three "back" sectors.

EDIT: Wait, no, I take that back. On careful reading, it seems to outline a situation not covered in the rules. Units in the front three sectors that leave the battle board as a result of YOUR movement "remain" in the area, and have to be dealt with if you want to capture the area. It's designed to keep you from retreating and capturing an area. If they bolt, though, that's kosher.

I see no reason not to use the same method for the other situation as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.