Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player with no presence in York, Carlisle, Berwick, or Scotland elect to play this card as an event--i.e. elect to empower one of the qualifying players to use its power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations, are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The event is not playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
No. The event is not playable.

OK. I see it's a Response card. Is there any particular trigger in the game that would allow me to use it on behalf of third parties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin B.
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GringerJD wrote:
Can a player with no presence in York, Carlisle, Berwick, or Scotland elect to play this card as an event--i.e. elect to empower one of the qualifying players to use its power?

As both options on this card start with the phrase "Only playable by" there is no way for a power that doesn´t qualify to play the card.

Note: This may differ from other cards like 49/Conquest of the Phillippines" that state "Add a Spanish control maker" with no condition for the playing power. Those cards can be negotiated to play in behalf of an other power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.