Subject: Dread Accumulation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Synnott
United States
Moreno Valley
California
flag msg tools
If I fail to complete a dread card that was turned over that could be solved in the morning,does it add to the dread total 3 times? once in the morning /day and night?The rules state a 4 point dread would score again and again if not solved, Confused?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bob,

Thank your for the question.

No, only Plot cards can add Dread multiple times.

Dread cards only add Dread once, i.e. when cleaning up the board at the end of a chapter.

Happy gaming!

Asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Ebro
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Asger,

I got that only Plot cards can add Dread multiple times.
I am however confused about how many times they do it.

I understood that the Time code on the top right of the Story card indicates at which Time Segment the Plot/Story can be investigated.
Let's follow the "Reynaud's Residence" example p10: the Time Code is "Morning".
So if the players failed to successfully investigate this Story before the end of the Morning, 4 Dread points are added.
But I did not get, in the example, why 4 additional Dread points are added at the end of the Day if not investigated.
Is it that the number of Dread points indicated on the card are also added after EACH Time Segment that follows the one where it should have been initially investigated, so here 4 at the end of the Morning, end of Day AND end of Night?

Thanks for clarifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Christophe,

Yes, you are right.'Reynaud's Residence' has a Morning icon, so ideally we should investigate it during the morning. If we fail to do that, we take the Dread penalty indicated on the card (in this case 4). If we also fail to investigate it during the next Time Segment (Day), we take the Dread penalty again. If we fail during the last Time Segment, the Dread penalty is irrelevant since we already lost the game due to not investigating all the Plot cards.

So to sum up:

Uninvestigated Plot cards with a Morning icon deal Dread at the end of Morning AND at the end of Day.

Uninvestigated Plot cards with a Day icon deal Dread at the end of Day.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Happy gaming!

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Ebro
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Asger,

This is crystal-clear :) Thanks again for your support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.