Rommel's War» Forums » General

Subject: Wrong silhouettes of german recon units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Horozaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
German recon units have silhouettes of italian vehicles instead of SdKfz 222 or Sdkfz 231 (8) rad. I propose to change it and make a correct counters eg. with something like this one.

www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Armored_Cars/SdK...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't they depicting the Sd.Kfz. 222 on the counter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Horozaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It doesn't look like Sd.Kfz 222.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Thain
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teufel_PL wrote:
It doesn't look like Sd.Kfz 222.

I am curious. What do you think looks wrong on the silhouette of the 222 on the German recon counters?

I'm asking, because, to me, the silhouette on the German recon counters looks EXACTLY like a 222.

The turret is centred over the spare wheel on the 222. On the Italian AB 41 or 42, the turret is forward of the spare wheels. To my eye, the respective counters clearly show this difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Horozaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Back and top of the vehicle on the counters looks to me more like SdKfz 234/1 (Puma version).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, to me it looks like neither a Sdkfz 222 (Engine deck too flat, wheels too far apart) nor a Sdkfz 234 (hull/deck looks right, but only 4 wheels vs. 8).

I pride myself on being a pretty good AFV-spotter, but this one has me completely baffled.

Perhaps a love child of both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Neilson
United States
Mountain Home
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Unchecked climate change, global nuclear weapons modernizations, and outsized nuclear weapons arsenals pose extraordinary and undeniable threats" -The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists Science and Security Board. 1/21/16
badge
Troops of the U.S. Army 11th Airborne Division watch a plume of radioactive smoke rise November 1, 1951 after a blast at Yucca Flats, Nevada. (Photo by National Archive/Newsmakers)
mbmbmbmbmb
Blacksmith61 wrote:
Well, to me it looks like neither a Sdkfz 222 (Engine deck too flat, wheels too far apart) nor a Sdkfz 234 (hull/deck looks right, but only 4 wheels vs. 8).

I pride myself on being a pretty good AFV-spotter, but this one has me completely baffled.

Perhaps a love child of both?

It does look like a mix of the Sd.Kfz.222 (turret too far forward and wheels don't look right)and AB 4x series (wheels look about right, but turret is much too flat and the rear deck does not slope down enough).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.