tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerio
Italy
Vicenza
flag msg tools
Sweet!
Although it seems that lately 750 is the new 500...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
David Groves wrote:
501 racked up
And counting (503)! meeple

Come on GMT, show us sneak peeks, the dice, the rest of the scenario list...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Klammer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the "made the cut" email, they acknowledged that they don't usually set an initial production date until it hits 700.

Chironis wrote:
Sweet!
Although it seems that lately 750 is the new 500...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some way to go yet, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet, as quickly as it hit 500, I have no doubt that it will get on the production schedule. Now, whether it's finished development yet or not is another matter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think that by now GMT knows already that C&C games are sure bets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
Yes, I think that by now GMT knows already that C&C games are sure bets!

This is true, until it's not. Someday it'll happen that one languishes forever and ends up not getting published, but I'm certain that won't happen to this title!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Hey, I missed this announcement of C&C Medieval (Byzantines) amidst the disappointment over the delay on Epic Napoleonics! With upcoming Biblical and Samurai, (redo) GMT is following their nonstandard game successes to an unprecedented C&C degree. As is Mr. Borg additionally with The Great War, Tricorne, and a space game for Worthington. Yikes!

A few years ago Richard said he had an Ancients Naval design all ready to go. We'll see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
With upcoming Biblical

??
I've heard about all of the rest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been in play testing down in Florida, where Mr. Borg lives. Nothing official yet; but it is happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Whitney
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG just sold out all their Battlelore 2 inventory via deep discounts in their holiday sale. That usually means the game is cancelled (exactly what happened with Battlelore 1 & Battles of Westeros), even if it hasn't been officially announced. What might that have to do with production of a C&C:M ? I owned the BL1 series and followed it's sale from Days of Wonder to Fantasy Flight Games. IIRC discussions around that time, the buzz was that FFG via the acquisition also gained the right to produce and publish anything with the C&C system that was medieval themed. So...with FFG dumping BL2, my speculation is that means the license has expired.

I've noticed that C&C:M isn't even listed in the GMT production queue as far out as the 3rd quarter of 2017. If my speculation proves correct though, I won't be surprised if C&C:M jumps the production queue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what you're saying is that GMT waited to produce CCM until FFG couldn't be a part of it?

I also noticed that CCM was not on the production list for 2017. A game can always be added yes, but we'll see... Are Samurai Battles and the Biblical game also waiting for a spot. Well, perhaps they won't hold back their C&C production as they have in the past to one new game per calendar year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Whitney
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
So what you're saying is that GMT waited to produce CCM until FFG couldn't be a part of it?

In my speculations, yes. Richard Borg is listed as a designer on all the flavors of the C&C games that FFG produced. My recollections are that the original agreement/license between Borg and the Battlelore developer was for any C&C games medieval or fantasy in theme. IIRC DoW insisted on that as they weren't sure a fantasy themed C&C would fly; hence the 2 thematic itches original BL1 attempted to scratch. Battles of Westeros and Battlelore 2 were strictly fantasy, but it's possible FFG still maintained the rights to games themed around the Middle Ages, even as late as BL2's development.

If FFG is now out of the picture in terms of licensing, that would have removed a possible impediment to GMT going full production with C&C:M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Very entertaining, in light of possible debates about whether the Byzantines to be depicted are really Late Ancient or Early Medieval. Imagine copyright courts having to rule on that one...

Richard Borg would clearly testify for the Medieval side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is all so quiet here...
I see game is alread 735 orders on GMT P500 page. That is really nice!

Would be great to get some more information or updates regarding the game, developement and playtesting progress. Well, I would welcom ANY update from GMT / Mr.Borg on that!

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there's something over on consimworld?
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1ddc619c
just checked, nm. Probably or maybe(?) something in the GMT newsletter this month.

chas59 wrote:
possible debates about whether the Byzantines to be depicted are really Late Ancient or Early Medieval. Imagine copyright courts having to rule on that one...

I try not to...cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
751 pre-orders to date, which means that the production of Medieval is now a sure thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
badge
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
g1ul10 wrote:
751 pre-orders to date, which means that the production of Medieval is now a sure thing.

On Jan 3 I asked GMT over on Consimworld:

"With C&C: Medieval still rushing forward - is there any chance, that it'll get a printing slot later this year?"

And here's the answer:

"It is indeed possible, René. We don't have the 3Q and 4Q filled yet, so there's room for it. Just depends on how things go with Richard and his testing teams. I'd imagine we'll know by March or April if it'll make it into the 2017 production mix.

Gene"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C&C Medieval was listed on today's GMT Update for 4Q 2017 on the P500 Production Schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.