Festung Europa: The Campaign for Western Europe, 1943-1945» Forums » Rules

Subject: Taking losses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So say I have one reduced army and one full corps in a hex, combat occurs and i have to take two losses. In what order do I take the losses and do the army count as "one" loss factor as well as the corps?

A bit confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
See the loss progression in the rules, 9.31 and 9.32.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Festung Europa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, but does that image mean that mean that a full army has 4 steps before it is eliminated?

Each flip = 1 loss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
sylvestris wrote:
Yep, but does that image mean that mean that a full army has 4 steps before it is eliminated?

Each flip = 1 loss?

Only if you have a corps in reserve. Otherwise, 2 steps eliminates the army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Allies will almost always have corps in reserve, which gives their armies more "staying power" in the field. The Axis, in contrast, rarely can afford to have much if anything in reserve (remembering that more than 80% of the German Army is fighting the Soviet Union and not depicted in the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it up to me which of the units i choose to take losses as long as i follow the loss progression logic? Say I have 3 units, 1 army and 2 corps. I suffer two losses, can i choose to eliminate one corps completely instead of taking losses on the army?

I dont see anything about loss factors in the rules (as in pog)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.