Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The intuitive strategic part of my brain saw Trump was unfit for president and dangerous to the country months ago- before the republican primary ended. I saw he was worse even than Cruz (who I would have otherwise thought was very dangerous)

In a rare occasion, I decided to commit fully to something. While my vote won't make a difference here, I could make a difference here, on yahoo, on slashdot, and on youtube.

On Hillary, I first felt she was a little redeemed after she fought so damn hard in 2008 but then set that all aside and worked hard to elect Obama without bitterness (Bill was a different animal- his pride wouldn't let him) and then to work hard in his administration.

As I investigated the various republican attacks, I came to feel Clinton was about the same as other politicians, did a lot of good charity work, was competent, even keeled, a collaborative leader who could change her mind based on staff input.

I was really bothered by the dynastic aspect of her presidency most. I think there were plenty of other qualified candidates and I disliked multiple people from the same family being president (I disliked it for Bush Sr. too).

I still felt she was unelectable and I think several republican candidates might have beaten her. I had no commitment to her election. That came later. I actually liked Bernie more than her. He's a straight shooter. But I wasn't aware of him as a candidate until later in the race.

So first I saw Trump as very dangerous, more dangerous than any candidate in the country's history. I opposed him and I did so passionately. And then later, I came to actually like the idea of Clinton (personally as opposed to generically) as our next president.

I think Clinton will do a fine job. I'm hoping she'll put in justices that kill the Citizen's united ruling and I hope that revocation applies retroactively. Boy will a lot of people not have swim suits when THAT tide goes out.

I can't stop until Trump's safely defeated, with a stake in his heart, but I do want to apologize for comments I've made that were overboard. I'm certain some were. I will try to avoid any more thru the election and I expect to return to rationality after November 8th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
is this like . . . an apolobrag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I
scifiantihero wrote:
is this like . . . an apolobrag?

Recognition my behavior has been extreme and explaining where im coming from.

Maybe an apolibrag. Ill have to ponder that. I know i offended linguist and i feel bad about that. Hes an okay dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
The intuitive strategic part of my brain saw Trump was unfit for president and dangerous to the country months ago- before the republican primary ended. I saw he was worse even than Cruz (who I would have otherwise thought was very dangerous)

In a rare occasion, I decided to commit fully to something. While my vote won't make a difference here, I could make a difference here, on yahoo, on slashdot, and on youtube.

On Hillary, I first felt she was a little redeemed after she fought so damn hard in 2008 but then set that all aside and worked hard to elect Obama without bitterness (Bill was a different animal- his pride wouldn't let him) and then to work hard in his administration.

As I investigated the various republican attacks, I came to feel Clinton was about the same as other politicians, did a lot of good charity work, was competent, even keeled, a collaborative leader who could change her mind based on staff input.

I was really bothered by the dynastic aspect of her presidency most. I think there were plenty of other qualified candidates and I disliked multiple people from the same family being president (I disliked it for Bush Sr. too).

I still felt she was unelectable and I think several republican candidates might have beaten her. I had no commitment to her election. That came later. I actually liked Bernie more than her. He's a straight shooter. But I wasn't aware of him as a candidate until later in the race.

So first I saw Trump as very dangerous, more dangerous than any candidate in the country's history. I opposed him and I did so passionately. And then later, I came to actually like the idea of Clinton (personally as opposed to generically) as our next president.

I think Clinton will do a fine job. I'm hoping she'll put in justices that kill the Citizen's united ruling and I hope that revocation applies retroactively. Boy will a lot of people not have swim suits when THAT tide goes out.

I can't stop until Trump's safely defeated, with a stake in his heart, but I do want to apologize for comments I've made that were overboard. I'm certain some were. I will try to avoid any more thru the election and I expect to return to rationality after November 8th.

Sounds like a death threat to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Only morons like you would be stupid enough to go that far....

How about stake in his campaign's heart.

and we know that Trumptard has no heart, so nothing to stake there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
PBS Frontline has a very good 2 hour show on both candidates, entitled "The Choice: 2016" .

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/the-choice-2016/

What I was struck with how Hilary began her political career as the commencement speaker at Wellesley College as an idealist- arguing that its time for the young people of the day to move the bar of what is possible to encompass things that otherwise are seen as impossible.

Thirty years and thirty million pages of documented attacks against her and her family, the scar tissue has built up so much; she's now the Establishment. Secrecy has become her reflex- a defense mechanism against an incredibly hostile world.

I came out of it with new respect for Hilary even as I feel that in any other election, her wont for secrecy I think is deeply destructive at this particular time in history when Americans are demanding more transparency vis-a-vis their government, not less. And I don't think that she would be able to handle governance in the open government I desire.

BUT-

That said, despite attempts to keep secrets they always come out, and then she has to defend them. And in the scandals that erupt, we realize that there has never been anything of major substance- its just her damn desire to try and control the narrative that makes something slightly smelly turn into looking like 'well there has to be SOMETHING THERE!! Why else is she hiding things?"

Its Tragi-Comedy, and in the end I think she would have been left to the curb if her opponent was someone like Jeb, or perhaps Rubio, or if Sanders had had a bit more ground game before starting his Quixotian crusade against the Clinton windmills. But against Trump?

This contest is about being able to endure political blows, and say what you want about Hilary, you have to grant this.

She has recovered from political slings and arrows that would have utterly ruined lesser men and women. The woman is TOUGH. She goes the distance. She doesn't give up. And in this mudfest of a fight, Trump is giving her EXACTLY the type of fight she can win- a Irish Stand Off, both sides hitting each other with the best they have. And Trump doesn't have the balls that this woman has to just suck it up and take it.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

You cannot kill that which is already dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.