J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Reich wrote:
1. Hillary Clinton is elected President.

2. Democrats take over the Senate, and reduce the Republican margin in the House to just 3 votes.

3. Elizabeth Warren announces she’ll challenge Hillary in the 2020 Democratic primaries if Hillary isn’t sufficiently progressive and bold during her first term.

4. The Democratic National Committee issues new rules eliminating “superdelegates” and requiring open primaries.

5. In her inaugural address, Hillary Clinton promises to “wrest back control of our democracy and economy from the moneyed interests that have taken over both.”

6. President Hillary Clinton nominates Barack Obama to the Supreme Court, who immediately pledges to reverse “Citizens United.” Senate Democrats make a rule change that allows Obama to be confirmed with 51 Senate votes. He is.

7. President Clinton nominates Bernie Sanders for Treasury Secretary and Michelle Obama for Attorney General. Both are immediately confirmed.

8. The chairman of the Republican Party officially repudiates Donald Trump, saying “shame on us for having nominated him.” Mitch McConnell, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, and Mike Pence appear in a joint news conference in which they apologize for having ever supported Trump.

9. Disgraced and with his brand in tatters, the value of Trump’s properties drops 80 percent. His creditors demand that his personal assets – homes, planes, furniture, all he possesses – be liquidated to pay his bills.

10. Rupert Murdoch fires Sean Hannity from Fox News.

I can agree with some of those

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Robert Reich wrote:

2. Democrats take over the Senate, and reduce the Republican margin in the House to just 3 votes.

3. Elizabeth Warren announces she’ll challenge Hillary in the 2020 Democratic primaries if Hillary isn’t sufficiently progressive and bold during her first term.

4. The Democratic National Committee issues new rules eliminating “superdelegates” and requiring open primaries.

5. In her inaugural address, Hillary Clinton promises to “wrest back control of our democracy and economy from the moneyed interests that have taken over both.”

6. President Hillary Clinton nominates Barack Obama to the Supreme Court, who immediately pledges to reverse “Citizens United.” Senate Democrats make a rule change that allows Obama to be confirmed with 51 Senate votes. He is.

7. President Clinton nominates Bernie Sanders for Treasury Secretary and Michelle Obama for Attorney General. Both are immediately confirmed.

8. The chairman of the Republican Party officially repudiates Donald Trump, saying “shame on us for having nominated him.” Mitch McConnell, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, and Mike Pence appear in a joint news conference in which they apologize for having ever supported Trump.

9. Disgraced and with his brand in tatters, the value of Trump’s properties drops 80 percent. His creditors demand that his personal assets – homes, planes, furniture, all he possesses – be liquidated to pay his bills.

Given the horseshit obstruction that the GOP has been engaged in, Number 6 looks good to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Ramadanovic
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Robert Reich wrote:

1. and 2. would be good - second one would hopefully get some sense back into republican party.

3. Would probably be end of the political career of Elizabeth Warren - you do not challenge or try to strong arm policy of freshly elected presidents.

4. Would be terrible idea. If anything, this election teaches us that parties need to have *more* rather then less control over nomination process. Do we really need a left wing variety of Trump next time around ? Let the populists and rabble-rousers form their own parties rather then try and invade existing ones.

5. She will almost certainly 'promise' to do something like that. But, being capable and well informed woman she knows that best one can do is subtle strategic reforms rather then flashy, radical ones.

6. Is outright unimaginable and would be outrageous politicization of the judicial process. Even *if* Obama were to be nominated and accept the nomination (which would be a wrong thing to do and he said he would not) for a justice to 'immediately pledge' to reverse a previous court decision would disqualify him as both a judge and lawyer. The very last thing US needs is the political teams of justices 'immediately reversing' each other decisions as the SCOTUS changes hands based on election results. Luckily both Clinton and Obama are adults and would not get anywhere near playing these sorts of games.

7. Sanders is highly unlikely and would be politically wrong move. If Clinton wanted to court that voting wing she would have appointed a left-wing running mate. I have no idea what the qualifications of Michelle Obama are for the A.G. but it would certainly feel like cabinet-by-celebrity. I won't even mention how incredibly 'conflict-of-interest' it would be in the context of 6. above.

8. Would be good and reasonable thing to do. I may add - Republican party starts courting Michael Bloomberg as a potential presidential candidate for 2020 in which he winds in a landslide against Hilary's re-election bid.

9. Obviously unlikely and all sorts of illegal.

10. Does he have viewership? If Trump gets even close to 40% of popular vote there is clear business case for providing far-right populist positions in the media.

In summary - this guy's wish list demonstrates more or less exactly the same disrespect for system and its institutions that make Trump such a terrible candidate - demonstrating once again that populism has no preferred political wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see Michelle Obama POSSIBLY wanting a Cabinet level job! I suspect she's ready to move back to Chicago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mb
wifwendell wrote:
I can't see Michelle Obama POSSIBLY wanting a Cabinet level job! I suspect she's ready to move back to Chicago.

I dunno, the Obama's have been seriously eyeing Austin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mb
jmilum wrote:

11. The Republican Senators spend the next few months doing whatever they can to block any Confirmations to the Supreme Court, even though they stated the next president should pick the next Justice.

12. The laugh riot will ensue at the never ending stream of Secessionist movements popping up around the states in the next several years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
11. The Republican Senators spend the next few months doing whatever they can to block any Confirmations to the Supreme Court, even though they stated the next president should pick the next Justice.

If the Democrats can take the Senate, then that would be an excellent excuse for them to change the rules on nominating SCOTUS Justices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

She may very well say it. But she is the last person who I would believe would do it. She is the embodiment of monied politics.

jmilum wrote:

Promising in advance how to rule on cases that aren't even before the court? Constitutionality be damned... the issue of law is less important than ruling with a predetermined outcome. I don't like Citizens United, but this statement reveals a mindset that I find really disturbing.

jmilum wrote:

Michelle's qualifications?

jmilum wrote:

I find Trump to be loathesome, but this degree of vindictiveness again indicates a mindset that I find to be worrisome. I don't want Trump to be president.... period. But my soul is totally unsurprised at jer being gleeful in hoping the destruction of him as a person. And I am sure I would be equally unsurprised at the piling on and high-fiving over it that is sure to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
But my soul is totally unsurprised at jer being gleeful in hoping the destruction of him as a person.

I said that I can only agree with some of those items. I also used a winky.

Your soul must be very twisted indeed to take what I said and change it into: "gleeful in hoping the destruction of him as a person"

Perhaps you should respond to the actual things I post, rather than the faulty mental image of me you've built up in "your soul"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Robert Reich wrote:

Some of that borders on psychotic schadenfreude...We can dislike someone politically or even personally without wishing personal ruin for them.

Some of the appointment talk is as dumb as some of the Facebook political crap I've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
But my soul is totally unsurprised at jer being gleeful in hoping the destruction of him as a person.

I said that I can only agree with some of those items. I also used a winky.

Your soul must be very twisted indeed to take what I said and change it into: "gleeful in hoping the destruction of him as a person"

Perhaps you should respond to the actual things I post, rather than the faulty mental image of me you've built up in "your soul"

Then perhaps you should be more specific about what parts you do or don't agree with. As it is, you were doing a The Dashi impression. "I didn't make any comments, I'm just throwing it out there.... quit reading into what I'm saying since I'm not saying anything but you know what I'm saying... but I didn't say it!"

And yes... that's pretty much what your retweet and a wink said. Verbatim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
First 100 days? Drinking and toasting the burying of the Clinton dynasty. Ding dong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For BJ.....
mb
I like Rob Reich but he's smoking some serious crack here....

Its clearly just a wishlist, not a Hilary go out and do this list. Especially the bits about putting Barack in SCOTUS and Michelle as Attorney General. Just no goddamn way is Hilary going to do that- it would just antagonize the GOP for no real reason. Put in good people and let the GOP pay the price if they want to block the nominations. But I dont see the American people rallying around giving the Obamas getting more time in office- and thats even if either of them want the job.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Obama has said he doesn't want to be on the SCOTUS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

There was no retweet and you need to go look up 'verbatim'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For BJ.....
mb
Which is clearly proof that Reich is putting out a fantasy list, and not a serious list for Hilary.

I think its mostly to help paper over rumored dislike between the Clinton and Obama camps that is still lingering. (Read the leaked Colin Powell emails for more..)
Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Not enough random insults and profanity, but the perfect amount of hiding behind semantics to avoid addressing points.

The Dashi rating: 6/10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
jmilum wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Not enough random insults and profanity, but the perfect amount of hiding behind semantics to avoid addressing points.

The Dashi rating: 6/10

The points were already addressed. But tell you what: I positively don't want to become your next obsession, especially over something I posted in fun. So you win. I concede. Carry on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.