Popular Tags: trades [+] bad_deals [+] [View All]
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three years ago I traded games with Kwebec. He never sent me my game (and if he did, it never reached me). I geekmailed him several times after he received my game and I still had not received mine. After a few months he stopped responding to my emails. During the intervening three years I've sent him several emails hoping that he will respond and actually send my game. In the past two years and a half years he has never responded even though he logs on regularly.
So, it's that time again-sending off another email to be completely ignored while I patiently wait for my game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's high time you went and toilet papered his house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lovely. I'm waiting for a game from him from a recent Math Trade. Shall I just fill the spot on the bookshelf with another game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
you have his address, if its that bad that you have to do this every month go around and smack his head in.

and why admin havent banned him from trading and selling is a bit stupid, If jl robert doesnt get his game, maybe that will get him banned finally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
United States
Atkinson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
I'm sorry that you've had problems with Kwebec. I've traded with him multiple times and it has always been a great experience. He's always been very friendly and generous to me.

I wish there were a cheap and easy way to track packages internationally, because my guess is that either the Canadian or the USPS lost the package. Without tracking it's hard for either party to believe the other. Maybe he thinks that you received it and you're trying to rip him off. (Not that I'm accusing you, but everyone needs to look at both sides of the situation and not call for banning a user from trading based on one person's version of things)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,
Perhaps he is a great trader, but in my experience he hasn't done what he said he would do. He does not respond to my emails and I don't have a game from him while he plays the one I sent him. It has been three years. He hasn't, despite constant contact from me, upheld his end of the agreement. Perhaps he has just decided that it is okay to have one bad trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How ironic that Kwebec is complaining about a possible "bad/slow" trader in the 5-day no limit math trade that just finished!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had difficulty with Kwebec at one point, where a package he tried to ship me got returned by customs or something. I finally got it, but it took a couple of months (Happened to happen at the same time he was leaving the country for a while).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Patt wrote:
How ironic that Kwebec is complaining about a possible "bad/slow" trader in the 5-day no limit math trade that just finished!

How about a math trade that ended over 3 weeks ago? One in which he received the game I sent to HIM, in another trade chain.

I just got an email from him. Boiled down, his explanations were:

1. He doesn't send by Air Mail. Nevermind other people send to him via Air Mail.

2. He doesn't obtain any tracking information. He doesn't even jot down the Customs Number. He feel justified because he doesn't ask for tracking information, himself (though it's now a common courtesy).

I guess I just have to wait until CanadaPost's surface mail gets around to delivering my game. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The real question is why this guy is still trading when he has an unresolved problem with one of his trades.
Shouldn't he be on the no trade list until it's resolved?

And that's not saying he did anything wrong, but three years is a long time to not have come to some conclusion both parties can live with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received Niagara from Kwebec in a recent Math trade. He never actually filled out the shipping portion of the trade, nor sent tracking info. So while I *did* receive the game in about a month (par for the course for sending from Canada) and left positive feedback, be aware that the communications will not be the best. Since there is no tracking, it is hard to say where the game went astray. From my dealing with him,
1) He most likely did send the game
2) after 3 years, it's a loss.

So while Kwebec most likely did send the game, the lack of receipt on your part would most likely qualify as a 'non-trade'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you could always send him a box of dead animals. That'll learn him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
davido wrote:
I received Niagara from Kwebec in a recent Math trade. He never actually filled out the shipping portion of the trade, nor sent tracking info. So while I *did* receive the game in about a month (par for the course for sending from Canada) and left positive feedback, be aware that the communications will not be the best. Since there is no tracking, it is hard to say where the game went astray. From my dealing with him,
1) He most likely did send the game
2) after 3 years, it's a loss.

So while Kwebec most likely did send the game, the lack of receipt on your part would most likely qualify as a 'non-trade'.

That's where I'm at, myself. Only 4 weeks instead of 3 years, but still a longer than average wait. It's not whether or not I actually receive the game. I already own the game I'm due to receive! It's more of a matter of simply doing a little extra legwork, so that these types of questions don't even have to be raised. I wouldn't be contacting him if I had a customs or tracking number. I'd be bothering CanadaPost, instead.

He doesn't seem to want to be bothered with going that little extra step, and he's chosen to be indignant with me in emails, with no acknowledgement of my suggestions and him asking me to not bid for his items in future math trades. He also used the classic, "It's only games" bit, as if I shouldn't care. He's missing the fact that it being a game trade isn't the point, it's about communication and being a good merchant (which we all become when we start trading). And I care because I obviously put in significantly more effort to ensure his satisfaction (though he's now complaining about the component quality, which was described in the trade listing); reciprocation would be preferred.

It's a shame, I hate cutting off trading ties with anyone; some of my best trades were with bitter rivals in online conversations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why there is no tracking from Canada. Every game I have sent to Americans in math trades goes as an expedited parcel. The form I have to fill out has a tracking number on it that I put in the trade manager. Are all these games you are getting from Kwebec really, really small?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patt wrote:
I don't understand why there is no tracking from Canada. Every game I have sent to Americans in math trades goes as an expedited parcel. The form I have to fill out has a tracking number on it that I put in the trade manager. Are all these games you are getting from Kwebec really, really small?

I agree, anything sent via expedited parcel has free tracking included, land or air; you actually can't avoid it getting a tracking number.

Chad

Edit: I am a little surprised, I've traded with marc on three occasions and have never had any problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zack:

I am so sorry to hear that you've been taken advantage of in this way.

It is brutal when this site is a vehicle by which fraud can be perpetrated.

Thanks for informing us of the circumstances.

I wish I could help.

Peace,
Christian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Patt wrote:

He admitted to dropping the ball with the tracking number. He wasn't willing to put a trace on the package, however--there is apparently some fee involved. But I didn't want a trace. I just wanted the tracking number itself.

With USPS, there are 2 main methods of sending parcels. Surface rate is cheaper, but takes longer (4-6 weeks). Air Mail is about 20-50% more expensive, but is much faster (1-2 weeks). Does Canada offer a similar choice of delivery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was involved in a math trade with Kwebec a little while back. After a few weeks of waiting I contacted him about his shipment and he commented that Canada Post had lost 2 other packages from him recently.

My mail service had been spotty at best for many months as it was I had 3 packages that year lost in the mail and even a card from a family member who lives 30 miles away took 3 months to get to me so I didn't think it fair to accuse him of fault when it was probably my own mail service. Thankfully the mail service has improved here now.

He said he would send a second copy, which I did receive, so I can't complain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as far as I know. We can send surface or air. I think that if the package is under 1 kilogram (about 2 pounds) it can go with the simpler customs form (the green one) and without tracking.

But every game I've ever sent to the US has used the bigger white form that has a tracking number on it. I don't have to pay any extra for this tracking number. This bigger form has several copies: one goes on the parcel itself and I get one for my records. I also get a cash register receipt that has the tracking number on it as well.

I guess he must have lost the receipts he was given by the post office. I try to put that tracking number into the trade manager right away, because paper has a way of getting lost in my house.

I too am sorry this is happening for you and the op. Or not happening as the case may be.

P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done enough trading over the years, so I know it's not the end of the world. Thanks for the kind words, Patt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Piette
Canada
Beloeil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have much trade experience with the states, more or less 7-8 trades, but when I ship from Canada to the US, surface mail, the longest it ever took was 10 days. I do ship USPS, and as far as I experienced, I have to use USPS shipping to the states.

I keep the receipt until the package arrives, there is a tracking number on it, but I always used it as a warranty number, never checked what info i could get with it...

But I think, what you're trying to say is: Keep the communication level high.

Good luck with solving this issue, I might have been just lucky, but I never had any problem with any of the poeple I traded with. Thanks BGG.

Except one, where the person never shipped me the game I bought from them, but they never took the money from Paypal, so I got the money back. But although I've send him many emails, he never ever bother writing me back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Lothartvni wrote:
I was involved in a math trade with Kwebec a little while back. After a few weeks of waiting I contacted him about his shipment and he commented that Canada Post had lost 2 other packages from him recently.

My mail service had been spotty at best for many months as it was I had 3 packages that year lost in the mail and even a card from a family member who lives 30 miles away took 3 months to get to me so I didn't think it fair to accuse him of fault when it was probably my own mail service. Thankfully the mail service has improved here now.

He said he would send a second copy, which I did receive, so I can't complain.

sounds like he didnt send it in the first place and once you started on him he actually sent it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesdavis wrote:

sounds like he didnt send it in the first place and once you started on him he actually sent it.

That's entirely possible but I'm inclined to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Resolution for One
Well, I did get the package today. A package labeled as USPS Global Priority Mail took 2-1/2 weeks to arrive (it was postmarked 23 April). And I can't tell if the box itself was recycled, or if it was opened/inspected by Customs, then re-sealed. But it arrived with the box's tear strip gone, and the box re-taped shut.

Migmeister wrote:

But I think, what you're trying to say is: Keep the communication level high.

That would have saved a lot of grief, all around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Well, I did get the package today. A package labeled as USPS Global Priority Mail took 2-1/2 weeks to arrive (it was postmarked 23 April). And I can't tell if the box itself was recycled, or if it was opened/inspected by Customs, then re-sealed. But it arrived with the box's tear strip gone, and the box re-taped shut.

Sometimes the speed of Global Priority Mail is not as fast as claimed -- even taking this long (although I don't understand GPM coming from Canada, so a reused box makes more sense). Packages mauled by customs are supposed to be properly marked.

Tracking information from Canada can end at the border.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.