Hide
4 Posts

Old School Tactical» Forums » Rules

Subject: stone wall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Mooney
msg tools
A target tank behind a wall gets +2 to defense, the shooter gets -1 for degraded LOS. Now the two tanks are on opposite sides of the wall. Just wall is separating tanks. Do the same factors apply?

My logic says yes LOL

Patrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, i believe that the tank still gets it defence bonus since it's in cover behind the wall. But the attacker (since it is next to the wall it's shooting over) don't get the negative modifier for degrading LoS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Kinnear
United States
Schenecady
New York
flag msg tools
In the section describing Hedges, it says that, when the hedge is alongside the firing unit, or the target unit, it is not considered degrading LOS but rather a part of the hex itself, So the -1 FP for degrading terrain is not used... I would think that this logic would also apply to stone walls, even though the section on stone walls does not explicitly state this. I would like to have this clarified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noel is right. When the target or attacking unit is adjacent to the wall, it is only added to the defines of the hex and does not degrade the LOS.

And when units share a wall/hedge both units would get the defense bonus when attacked through the wall/hedge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.