Subject: Dice face...theme? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Beller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Ok...we have FINALLY got this to the table. And I gotta say, very awesome game experience!

Love the art. Simply superb. Gorgeous. I really like the theme.

The dice faces, for the most part, are great theme-wise. For Charm magic, the Snake and the Heart faces make sense. Same for the Ceremonial magic (goat head and knife). The Illusion magic dice works with masks and the wolf head (although, the wolf head is a bit confusing, hut it can still make sense in my head). But the power symbol for the Nature magic really confuses me. The class makes sense with it being a leaf...but why a "frog" for Nature power?

So the two dice faces that I don't quite understand: "frog" for Nature and "wolf head" for Illusion. Why were those two symbols chosen for theme?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
I seem to remember that Rin was originally going to be in the core set.

If so, I assume the Nature Power symbol is a direct reference to Frost Bite (also there is a little frost frog in Rin's PB artwork).

Wolves and Masks are direct links to Noah.

Snakes link to Maeoni, Hearts tie into Saria.

Ceremonial's Goats make sense and is maybe a shout out to Jessa's headpiece ... I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Takea look at the masked wolves in NNoah's deck and the frog critter ion frostbite and on Rin's card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Beller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I see....so it is not so much the theme of the school/type of magic, but rather the original Phoenixborn that use that magic.

That makes sense, then. Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly even if everybody (me included) call them Wolf, I think that the illusion dice face is supposed to be a Fox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Isaac has confirmed it is a wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.