Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what the box size is of the new Ravensburger Edition? (I guess instead of measurements, just compare it with box sizes of other well-known games).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the stop sign board that Face2Face Games had on display at GTS and is appeared about 3 inches smaller each way. I don't know how that translates from a box standpoint but my guess is that it will be that much smaller.

No real data, just my observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran F G
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
Café Race is a race game set in a business office. The players take the role of office workers going upstairs to the first floor to get a cup of coffee who then improvise a race while they are going back downstairs… with a cup full of coffee.
badge
Someone you trust is one of us. Fnord. - Ich bin ein Spielfreak, aber ich spiele sehr selten
mbmbmbmbmb
It's more or less the size of a Catan box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togu Oppusunggu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
It would be great if somebody could come up with a smaller size board - would make it more portable, save space on the game shelf. I have no idea why all the published editions have been so large, given the simplicity of the game play. Also wish that Face2Face had tried more original artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
toguopp wrote:
It would be great if somebody could come up with a smaller size board - would make it more portable, save space on the game shelf. I have no idea why all the published editions have been so large, given the simplicity of the game play. Also wish that Face2Face had tried more original artwork.

Weren't the Asmodee edition, and that German edition with the fabric board, pretty portable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togu Oppusunggu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Ah thanks, I didn't realize that there was an Asmodee edition. Looking at the uploaded pictures here though, it doesn't look that attractive. Neither did the German edition with the fabric board, that I once owned, and it's large though portable.

Most of the homemade sets posted here look *really* nice. I can't believe the professional game companies didn't take note.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toguopp wrote:

I've got a homemade board (laminated paper, glass discs) that travels fine. That said, I've been waiting years to get my hands on the stop sign board and I'm thrilled FTF published it. If it was smaller, I'd be pretty disappointed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCat wrote:
toguopp wrote:

I've got a homemade board (laminated paper, glass discs) that travels fine. That said, I've been waiting years to get my hands on the stop sign board and I'm thrilled FTF published it. If it was smaller, I'd be pretty disappointed!

I think it is a little smaller in that the "Advance to Boardwalk" pieces don't fit and they are supposed to do in the original stop sign edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.