Erik Syvertsen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Have a good day!
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured I'd ask this question here since there's not much activity in the CH forum.

I know I must be missing something, but The Shadow Witch's fight ability allows each hero to destroy up to 2 cards from their hand or discard pile.

What's the point? She's the final villain, the game is over if her fight ability is triggered, right?

I'm hesitant to ask because I feel I'm missing something obvious; I assure you I'll feel appropriately silly when I find out what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could look at it thematically. It's as though her existence is holding some curse over the Heroes and when she dies the effect is lifted. As far as what cards you would want to destroy - those would be the Dark Secret and Curse of the Werewolf cards. They have negative point vaules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Have a good day!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's the obvious thing I was missing - the negative value cards. I had no problem with the idea thematically, I just could not see a game reason for the effect.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note also that the game isn't over the moment you kill the final Villain, it ends only when you need to flip up another Villain at the end of your turn, but can't. So could also use her ability on something like Plague Rats (draw 2 if destroyed from your discard pile) to get more cards and buy more cards for more Investigation toward your final score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Have a good day!
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably should have waited to ask - it was my first game, playing 2P solo, but it came up and was bugging me. It makes a lot more sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.