Subject: discussing about the traitor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shami Tsai
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Players are not allowed to speak out when sharing information. Can we, during the game, discuss/accuse someone as the traitor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The rules say you can't discuss locations or clues you have seen. Everything else is fair game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pogacic
msg tools
Personally I wouldn't discuss and point to much as if you keep on declaring the same person as Klein you are letting everyone else know the two clues. Remember you win if you survive and can guess who Klein is correctly, including Klein himself. It is a semi-coop game remember and YOU need to survive to win!

We had a game where I gave a false clue to someone at the beginning because they had the clue I just looked at and didn't trust them to not be Klein so early on. She actually ended up being Klein. We all died in the last act but she managed to survive but guessed the wrong person because of my dirty lie at the start of the game so we all lost and it was great fun because of this. If we all starting pointing the finger at her then she would have tried to look at the clues more and Klein would have won. Knowledge is power and in this game it could be the difference between life and death!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pogo_05 wrote:
Personally I wouldn't discuss and point to much as if you keep on declaring the same person as Klein you are letting everyone else know the two clues. Remember you win if you survive and can guess who Klein is correctly, including Klein himself. It is a semi-coop game remember and YOU need to survive to win!

We had a game where I gave a false clue to someone at the beginning because they had the clue I just looked at and didn't trust them to not be Klein so early on. She actually ended up being Klein. We all died in the last act but she managed to survive but guessed the wrong person because of my dirty lie at the start of the game so we all lost and it was great fun because of this. If we all starting pointing the finger at her then she would have tried to look at the clues more and Klein would have won. Knowledge is power and in this game it could be the difference between life and death!

I've only played a couple of times, but so far it seems to me that if everyone knows who Klein is, even the Klein player, Klein will lose. Trust is very powerful in this game. If two or more players know that they can completely trust each other, it's very easy for them to share information, even with the communication restriction (unless I have the table talk rule incorrect, which I talk about in another thread).

Once the non-Klein players really work together with complete trust, sharing information, they can more quickly narrow down where the lairs are.

So I would say that if a non-Klein player discovers who Klein is, they give everyone more of a chance of survival by yelling out the name of the killer. Even if Klein is listening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shami Tsai
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the helpful input. Can the eliminated players also share their opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We disallowed eliminated players from saying anything in our game. Which was sad because the Cheerleader had just looked at her second Clue, so she was the first person that knew for sure who Klein was.

But that's very movie-like.

"It's... it's YOU?!?!?" [Stab]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.