3 Posts

Dice City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Changing Cards in the Display rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Wolfe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does using a dice step to change the flop on the display bother anyone else? Cards are usually coming off the display every round, but if there is a bad flop, things can grind to a halt. None of the players I have played with have ever given up a dice step to change the flop. Usually, I end up being the one to give up a die to change things, sacrificing resources. So, even if you draw some good locations, you may not have the resources to buy them. Plus, there is a possibility that you end up drawing cards that help your opponents instead of you. I understand that you can use this action to deny an opponent location cards, but it seems like it still a suboptimal move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall, I wouldn’t say it “bothers” me, but I like drawing cards so there is that

Sure, using a die to change some of the cards isn't generating you resources, but a player who can build alot of buildings that synergize with each other will do better then a player who just buys whatever comes up. Its not a suboptimal move if you get the cards you need before they get the cards they need.

Also, there is a tactical element to when you flip over new cards. If you don't have alot of resources and can't capitalize on seeing the new cards first, then you're just helping the table. You should definitely wait until you have a stockpile before you flip over new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The few times we have done it, the player has cleared a good card that they can't buy just so no one else can either (i.e. Merchant Guild).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.