Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
For the final action, do you need to follow the same rules of taking actions?

So, you can't choose the action your marker is currently on and you need to pay additional costs for other players pawns and the year marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
I don't see why not.

as I read the rules, moving on the quadrel happens before performing an action, not as part of an action.

So there is at least a little ambiguity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:

as I read the rules, moving on the quadrel happens before performing an action, not as part of an action.

Why are you saying this? I presume we are talking about SV2016- End Of Game section on page 16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
mfl134 wrote:

Why are you saying this? I presume we are talking about SV2016- End Of Game section on page 16.

I'm not sure which part you are questioning, but I'll rephrase the question and the reason I'm asking it.

The question:

During the final action, do you need to move on the Quadrel first? Or is it simply pick and action and perform it?

The reason for asking it:

relevant rules:
page 16 wrote:
Then, starting with the current first player and following
the order of play shown in the “Player Order” area, each player take one more action.

page 3 wrote:
Play proceeds according to the order shown in the “Player Order” area. On your turn, you must move your Action Marker to another space on the “Quadrel” and take the action related to that space.

(bolding my own)

So the rules tell you to take a final action at the end of the game. Normally, before taking an action, you must move on the Quadrel. But the act of moving on the Quadrel isn't actually part of taking an action. So when we are told to "take an action" it isn't crystal clear if we are just selection one of the "Available Actions" as described on page 6, or if we need to move on the Quadrel following all normal movement rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. The answer is yes. You need to move your token as in a regular turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:

Also to just further answer the "why ask" question, is that many other games like to include some form of a free action that is exempt from normal rules at the end of the game. (not that something happening in another game means it needs to happen in every game, but that was an additional reason that I was looking for clarity.)

thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, my pleasure. Enjoy your play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.